Error access port 2222. Unable to reach network. Please check your internet connection

mastoro

Verified User
I get error access port :2222.
but I can access website normally
Error message : "Unable to reach network. Please check your internet connection"
Error like this:
unable_to_reach_network.jpg

My browser cookies is enable.

After I swicth to other browser, I can access port :2222 again.
Why?
How to solve it?
does its directadmin Bug?

The same issue happens here since the last update (1.62.5).

We run the command:

service directadmin restart

and access to the panel returns normally. After, everything stops working again.

I did a test with the DirectAdmin demo, and it's the same error (https://demo.directadmin.com:2222 - Login: admin_demo).
It appears to be a bug that needs to be fixed urgently.

The same issue happens here since the last update (1.62.5).

We run the command:

service directadmin restart

and access to the panel returns normally. After, everything stops working again.

I did a test with the DirectAdmin demo, and it's the same error (https://demo.directadmin.com:2222 - Login: admin_demo).
It appears to be a bug that needs to be fixed urgently.
Yes i use da 1.62.5 too

I never had this issue. Maybe during the stop, there is an error?

Check these files:

Code:
tail -f /var/log/directadmin/error.log
tail -f /var/log/directadmin/system.log

Is this bug coming back? I am facing to this on multiple servers, also with DA demo link.

Attachments

• Skjermbilde 2024-01-24 kl. 09.14.52.png
    Skjermbilde 2024-01-24 kl. 09.14.52.png
    207.3 KB · Views: 37
It's not always happening, but randomly. When it's happening, I think I need to restart browser. That lets me think about this bug, might be kind of the same reason, which was fixed after a while. @fln any idea about this?

Would be great to collect more information about this issue. Evolution message about network errors should be only triggered when some request failed by not even reaching the DA server. Maybe it can be caused by some adblocker plugins? But then I would expect it to happen always and quite predictably.

@gate2vn what browser / OS combination are you using? Can you reproduce it on a fresh browser session (private window)?

If you would could ever catch it with a develop tools opened (Network TAB) browser would show you which request failed and might provide some more information why it failed.

I am on Mac, having this bug on both Chrome and Brave browsers. As mentioned, it's happening randomly, so it's hardly to reproduce it when we want. Next time seeing it, I will try to get as much info as possible.

@fln Now I have problem again. Open developer tool, there is no error either in console or network tab. Nothing in console tab. In network tab, all requests return 200 and 304 results. Tested in private mode, the same problem. The only way to fix is restarting the browser.

Does it work in Safari? Or before restarting your browser open an incognito/private window. Does it work in that?

What browser and version do you use. Sounds more like a cache/session problem with your browser. Chrome/Brave are known to have problems wit connecting to sites on non-standard ports or using wrong ciphers.

Does it work in Safari? Or before restarting your browser open an incognito/private window. Does it work in that?

What browser and version do you use. Sounds more like a cache/session problem with your browser. Chrome/Brave are known to have problems wit connecting to sites on non-standard ports or using wrong ciphers.
I am not sure about Safari, because if I restart browser, it will work anyway. However, today, I noticed the problem was happening right away when I started my Mac, opened Chrome (always run with the latest version). And if I don't restart Chrome, private mode doesn't help either. I never have problems with non-standard port websites when using Chrome.

Back