Error updating

s2tephen

Verified User
New to this.

Last metadata expiration check: 2:50:24 ago on Sat Aug 24 18:26:03 2024.
Error:
Problem: cannot install both initscripts-10.11.6-1.el9.x86_64 from baseos and initscripts-10.11.5-1.el9.x86_64 from @System
- package network-scripts-10.11.5-1.el9.x86_64 from @System requires initscripts(x86-64) = 10.11.5-1.el9, but none of the providers can be installed
- cannot install the best update candidate for package initscripts-10.11.5-1.el9.x86_64
- problem with installed package network-scripts-10.11.5-1.el9.x86_64
(try to add '--allowerasing' to command line to replace conflicting packages or '--skip-broken' to skip uninstallable packages or '--nobest' to use not only best candidate packages)

These things happens once a while. This is however an OS thing, not a DA thing.
Initscripts are not really used in modern OS but you can still install them if I'm correct.

Here is a conflict, so you could try to do what is advised in the last line, add the --allowerasing because they are both the same package.

Like:
yum update --allowerasing
most likely fixes it.

Do i do this on the server or direct in Directadmin control panel and if so where. Thanks please don't reply RTFM learning

Thanks please don't reply RTFM learning
:ROFLMAO:
I won't. But this -is- some basic OS knowledge which every admin should know before starting a hosting business.

Anyway, you do this on the server. Login as root via SSH and issue that command. It's an OS command, not a panel command.

This causing by repo sync issued. Workaround without take the risks.

Code:
yum clean all
yum update

do something like this until it can update without problem.

do something like this until it can update without problem.
A bit higher in the thread I linked too, it's stated that it's an OpenVZ bug.
It's the "devel" repo which is still used by OpenVZ which caused this:
It’s the AlmaLinux 9 Template provided by Virtuozzo itself which useses it.
so the "clean all" and "update" commands will not fix it.

The issue is not occuring on dedicated servers.

If one wants to take no risk, best is for the time being to do the exclude as also suggested in that thread or use the "--skip-broken" command which will not update it.

Back