Error while trying to install Open Office

pgeluk

Verified User
Good day to you,

I have a server with FreeBSD 6.0 and DirectAdmin.

I'm using http://porting.openoffice.org/freebsd/ as guide to install. When I do make in de /usr/ports/editors/openoffice.org-2 directory the following error occurs after 30 seconds:
<<begin error>>
gcc -g -O2 -Wall -Wchar-subscripts -Wmissing-declarations -Wmissing-prototypes -Wnested-externs -Wpointer-arith -Wcast-align -Wfloat-equal -Wsign-compare -Wdeclaration-after-statement -fno-common -pie -Wl,-z -Wl,relro -o dbus-daemon activation.o bus.o config-parser.o config-parser-common.o connection.o desktop-file.o dir-watch-kqueue.o dispatch.o driver.o expirelist.o policy.o selinux.o services.o signals.o test.o utils.o config-loader-libxml.o main.o -lpthread ../dbus/.libs/libdbus-convenience.a
config-loader-libxml.o(.text+0x157): In function `bus_config_load':
/usr/ports/devel/dbus/bus/config-loader-libxml.c:198: undefined reference to `xmlReaderForMemory'
config-loader-libxml.o(.text+0x16f):/usr/ports/devel/dbus/bus/config-loader-libxml.c:207: undefined reference to `xmlTextReaderSetParserProp'
config-loader-libxml.o(.text+0x196):/usr/ports/devel/dbus/bus/config-loader-libxml.c:210: undefined reference to `xmlTextReaderSetStructuredErrorHandler'
config-loader-libxml.o(.text+0x1a5):/usr/ports/devel/dbus/bus/config-loader-libxml.c:289: undefined reference to `xmlTextReaderRead'
config-loader-libxml.o(.text+0x1d3):/usr/ports/devel/dbus/bus/config-loader-libxml.c:219: undefined reference to `xmlTextReaderNodeType'
config-loader-libxml.o(.text+0x276):/usr/ports/devel/dbus/bus/config-loader-libxml.c:61: undefined reference to `xmlTextReaderConstName'
config-loader-libxml.o(.text+0x284):/usr/ports/devel/dbus/bus/config-loader-libxml.c:62: undefined reference to `xmlTextReaderAttributeCount'
config-loader-libxml.o(.text+0x28e):/usr/ports/devel/dbus/bus/config-loader-libxml.c:63: undefined reference to `xmlTextReaderIsEmptyElement'
config-loader-libxml.o(.text+0x2fd):/usr/ports/devel/dbus/bus/config-loader-libxml.c:82: undefined reference to `xmlTextReaderConstName'
config-loader-libxml.o(.text+0x30e):/usr/ports/devel/dbus/bus/config-loader-libxml.c:83: undefined reference to `xmlTextReaderConstValue'
config-loader-libxml.o(.text+0x33d):/usr/ports/devel/dbus/bus/config-loader-libxml.c:89: undefined reference to `xmlTextReaderMoveToNextAttribute'
config-loader-libxml.o(.text+0x3c6):/usr/ports/devel/dbus/bus/config-loader-libxml.c:296: undefined reference to `xmlFreeTextReader'
config-loader-libxml.o(.text+0x44d):/usr/ports/devel/dbus/bus/config-loader-libxml.c:174: undefined reference to `xmlMemSetup'
config-loader-libxml.o(.text+0x452):/usr/ports/devel/dbus/bus/config-loader-libxml.c:178: undefined reference to `xmlInitParser'
config-loader-libxml.o(.text+0x462):/usr/ports/devel/dbus/bus/config-loader-libxml.c:179: undefined reference to `xmlSetGenericErrorFunc'
config-loader-libxml.o(.text+0x471):/usr/ports/devel/dbus/bus/config-loader-libxml.c:318: undefined reference to `xmlCleanupParser'
config-loader-libxml.o(.text+0x47f):/usr/ports/devel/dbus/bus/config-loader-libxml.c:261: undefined reference to `xmlTextReaderConstName'
config-loader-libxml.o(.text+0x4ae):/usr/ports/devel/dbus/bus/config-loader-libxml.c:250: undefined reference to `xmlTextReaderConstName'
config-loader-libxml.o(.text+0x4dd):/usr/ports/devel/dbus/bus/config-loader-libxml.c:236: undefined reference to `xmlTextReaderConstValue'
config-loader-libxml.o(.text+0x62a):/usr/ports/devel/dbus/bus/config-loader-libxml.c:309: undefined reference to `xmlCleanupParser'
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/devel/dbus/bus.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/devel/dbus.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/net/avahi.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/devel/gnomevfs2.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/editors/openoffice.org-2.

<<end error>>

Because I thought that something must be wrong with dbus I tryed to reinstall DBUS.

I went to : /usr/ports/devel/dbus/ and tryed to "./configure" the follow error occurs:
"WARNING: You have chosen to use libxml as your xml parser however this code path is not maintained by the D-Bus developers and if it breaks you get to keep the pieces. If you have selected this option in err please reconfigure with expat (e.g. --with-xml=expat)."

./configure --with-xml=expat occurs:
checking abstract socket namespace... no
checking for XML_ParserCreate_MM in -lexpat... no
configure: error: Explicitly requested expat but expat not found

I copied the libxml dir with the following files to /usr/ports/devel/dbus/
DOCBparser.h chvalid.h list.h schemasInternals.h xlink.h xmlreader.h xmlversion.h
HTMLparser.h debugXML.h nanoftp.h schematron.h xmlIO.h xmlregexp.h xmlwriter.h
HTMLtree.h dict.h nanohttp.h threads.h xmlautomata.h xmlsave.h xpath.h
SAX.h encoding.h parser.h tree.h xmlerror.h xmlschemas.h xpathInternals.h
SAX2.h entities.h parserInternals.h uri.h xmlexports.h xmlschemastypes.h xpointer.h
c14n.h globals.h pattern.h valid.h xmlmemory.h xmlstring.h
catalog.h hash.h relaxng.h xinclude.h xmlmodule.h xmlunicode.h

But I still get the same error.

Please does somebody have a sollution to get Openoffice (headless) working on freebsd 6.0?

What does this have to do with DirectAdmin? Ask on an Openoffice or FreeBSD forum?

Is that necessary? It's a technical discussion... There are many threads not specific for DA.

You posted in Installation / System Requirements. As far as I know, Openoffice has nothing to do with Installation / System Requirements of Directadmin.

alright; I should have post it in : System-Level Technical Discussion
my mistake

No, you should have posted it under Off-Topic Discussion, where is where I've moved it to.

One question: are you trying to install it on your server? If so, give up. Your server lacks too many prerequisites, and to install them will make it too insecure to use as a server.

Jeff

Thanks for you advise. I just installed OpenOffice on a new Redhat machine. Everything works fine

Back