Exim 4.94 - Eximconf 4.5.24 - CentOS7 - Exim problem after some minutes

We have a problem after installing Exim 4.94 (and eximconf 4.5.24) on a CentOS 7 server. (we have also CentOS 8 servers and this problem doesn't exists on these servers! )

The update from 4.93.0.4 to 4.94 is done correctly, without any error.
After installing and restarting exim works good. But after some minutes the problems starts:
- the queue is filling up
- clients can't send any more mails. Sometimes the mails are send but the client gets a timeout, sometimes the mails isn't send and the client gets a timeout.
- incoming mails are deliverd 2, 3, 4, ... times.

This stays like this untill you restart the exim service, and then it restarts again after some minutes, untill you restart exim again, and so on...

I have now reverted back to Exim 4.93.0.4 and Eximconf 4.5.23 and everything work good again.

Dear mmgenius,
I am having the same problem.
Did you solve the problem? If you did, how did you do it?
Can you give information?

Regards,

As a note I have never had this issue on centos 7, 8 or debian 10. I am on all the latest exim and exim conf. It's kind of weird. Maybe you have some non standard config or some custom exim something.

As a note I have never had this issue on centos 7, 8 or debian 10. I am on all the latest exim and exim conf. It's kind of weird. Maybe you have some non standard config or some custom exim something.
@bdacus01
Hello Again,
There are no special configurations. This problem occurs even if the default directadmin is installed.
In addition, Mod_sec, Clamav and maldet are installed. They are also established through CB.

I did all configs build / all again again the same. I set up another server from scratch, there is a problem with it.
I think there is a bug in DA new version installations. I think so.

I have now downgraded the Exim version. I will see if there is a problem within 24 hours.

CentOS Linux release 7.9.2009 (Core)

Apache 2.4.46Running
DirectAdmin 1.61.5Running
Exim 4.94 (Problem version) / The version I check now is Exim 4.93.0.4Running
MariaDB 10.2.36Running
Named 9.11.4Running
sshdRunning
Nginx 1.19.6Running
dovecot 2.3.11.3 (502c39af9)Running
pure-ftpd 1.0.49Running
Php 7.3.25Installed
Php 5.6.40Installed (php2)

@bdacus01
Hello Again,
There are no special configurations. This problem occurs even if the default directadmin is installed.
In addition, Mod_sec, Clamav and maldet are installed. They are also established through CB.

I did all configs build / all again again the same. I set up another server from scratch, there is a problem with it.
I think there is a bug in DA new version installations. I think so.

I have now downgraded the Exim version. I will see if there is a problem within 24 hours.

CentOS Linux release 7.9.2009 (Core)

Apache 2.4.46Running
DirectAdmin 1.61.5Running
Exim 4.94 (Problem version) / The version I check now is Exim 4.93.0.4Running
MariaDB 10.2.36Running
Named 9.11.4Running
sshdRunning
Nginx 1.19.6Running
dovecot 2.3.11.3 (502c39af9)Running
pure-ftpd 1.0.49Running
Php 7.3.25Installed
Php 5.6.40Installed (php2)
The only thing I have different is I dont have php 5.6, modsecurity or clamav. Which I think would have limit impact for this issue..

I removed them one by one and did everything again build / all but the result was the same.
Then I reinstalled them again. The problem is that something exim stops on exim, the queue occurs.
When he reset, everything is normal for a few hours. No interesting bad logs.

Any of this help

Yes it is the same whether I rebuild.
Because the files and settings downloaded while building are the same.
For not making changes. This way the problem is not solved.
But zEitEr didn't do what it said.

To fix the error that appears in the problem of that person that he already said.
But unfortunately we do not have any errors. If so, it must be simple to solve the problem.
I have been having this problem on my 3 servers for two days when there is no error record.

The internet hoster for that clients / connections are the routes and clients devices and ip's always the same?
While sometimes working sometimes not with same account and 100 percent same mailclients?

Sometimes tls versions and some other as cypher if differents mailclienst /pc's with older things and newer mixed.
Sometimes ipv6 and the ipv4 lite service provider gives problems. at client side.
Normaly they should have in log files client side have some communication things, maybe set log files on more advance.
Or "spammy" way to send / use with the newer exim.conf settings and the max/min values , lot of cc / bcc for example.
Or with forwards from elsewhere and so more.

Look also for BLACKLISTED hosts and IP's in abuselists on the WEB

Ony guessing while no log info's or message's as you write yourself.

Important only for that CUSTOMER it goes wrong?

EDIT:
You can test some things with this link https://en.internet.nl/test-mail/

Last edited:
The internet hoster for that clients / connections are the routes and clients devices and ip's always the same?
While sometimes working sometimes not with same account and 100 percent same mailclients?

Sometimes tls versions and some other as cypher if differents mailclienst /pc's with older things and newer mixed.
Sometimes ipv6 and the ipv4 lite service provider gives problems. at client side.
Normaly they should have in log files client side have some communication things, maybe set log files on more advance.
Or "spammy" way to send / use with the newer exim.conf settings and the max/min values , lot of cc / bcc for example.
Or with forwards from elsewhere and so more.

Look also for BLACKLISTED hosts and IP's in abuselists on the WEB

Ony guessing while no log info's or message's as you write yourself.

Important only for that CUSTOMER it goes wrong?

EDIT:
You can test some things with this link https://en.internet.nl/test-mail/

Test has been done, there is no problem in sending and receiving e-mails.
The trouble EXIM freezes, queuing, then it gets better when reset. And all server installations from scratch have this problem in this version of EXIM!

Support ticket then @ DA Support.
Hi,
They have information on the subject. But I solved this problem now by downgrading the version.
I'm testing now. By the way, it is obvious that there is a problem with that version in EXIM and the configuration with DA is not good.

Back