exim fialure :((

petermp

Verified User
When, I am trying to send email to a remote host I got this:

------------------------------------------------
The message could not be sent because one of the recipients was rejected by the server. The rejected e-mail address was '[email protected]. Subject 'test', Account: 'xxx.xxx.xxx.xx', Server: 'xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '421 Unexpected failure, please try later', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 421, Error Number: 0x800CCC79

System si FreeBSD 5.2.1

I have no problms sneding emails to local addresses.

Any idea ?

BTW Since I am a customer of a hosting company and I have not bought DA directly can I still contact them for support ?

Thanks,

Peter

Thanks for the reply. I will contact them on thi issue. The probelm is with relaying and it is strange that it occus on brand new installation of DA.

Hmm, had this too. Person who didn't trust me to install DA correctly made a mistake. He forgat to copy the template exim.conf file to the /etc/ directory. I'm not saying this IS the problem, but it might be, since it's a new box and I thought DA didn't do that on it's own if a exim.conf already existed.

2 possible solutions (if this is the problem):
1. Copy the exim.conf from the templates directory of the DA installation to your /etc
2. follow the instructions on the page John gave you:
If you've made any changes to you /etc/exim.conf file and require a fresh copy, you can retrieve one by running
wget -O /etc/exim.conf http://files.directadmin.com/services/exim4.conf

A restart of exim is required after installing a new exim.conf file.

Back