FORGED_RELAY_MUA_TO_MX how to fix?

sz3jdii

Verified User
Hello,
when I'm running test using https://www.mail-tester.com/ I get -2 points because of FORGED_RELAY_MUA_TO_MX. This happens on all domains hosted on direct admin? What does this error mean and how to fix that?
Thank you!

This happens on all domains hosted on direct admin?
On your directadmin, not every directadmin. ;)

This could have something to do with specific ip's used in the header. Not quite sure but I always have a 10/10 score.

Check this thread:

Did you setup anything not default in some way?
It might be good to mention the domain name, maybe there is something we can test.

Hello,
I didn't but I guess it can be problem that direct admin is behind NAT. I see in DNS setting direct admin IP is 10.0.0.2 instead of public IP forwarded to direct admin.
How to change this if it needs to be changed?

I found that I've added to exim.conf below line in order to SPF check works in GMail downloading emails from DA server.

Code:
received_header_text = ${if def:authenticated_id {Received: from $primary_hostname ([X.X.X.X] helo=[s1.example.com]) by $primary_hostname with ESMTP\n\t(Exim $version_number)\n\t${if def:sender_address {(envelope-from <$sender_address>)\n\t}}id $message_exim_id${if def:received_for {\n\tfor $received_for}}\n\t}}Received: ${if def:sender_rcvhost {from $sender_rcvhost\n\t}{${if def:sender_ident {from ${quote_local_part:$sender_ident} }}${if def:sender_helo_name {(helo=$sender_helo_name)\n\t}}}}by $primary_hostname ${if def:received_protocol {with $received_protocol}} ${if def:tls_cipher {($tls_cipher)\n\t}}(Exim $version_number)\n\t${if def:sender_address {(envelope-from <$sender_address>)\n\t}}id $message_exim_id${if def:received_for {\n\tfor $received_for}}

When I delete this line everything is good, but the SPF check fails in GMail.

Back