Forwarding to fail (ie blocking an address)

monarocv8

Hi all,

I have a domain which unfortunately receives a lot of badly directed emails (not always Spam) due to it's similarity to a domain belonging to an ISP.

My current webhost uses cPanel, and cPanel has an option to to "Discard and send an error to the sender (at SMTP time)." with an option to customise the failure reason. So while I use a catchall email for my domain, I continually add email forwarders to the "black hole" with the hope that senders process their SMTP failures and remove these addresses.

My webhost has announced that they plan to move to Direct Admin (no timeline yet), and I've had a look at the Demo site, and can't find an equivalent option. I guess I should have setup the domain to fail all except those which I have created a forwarder for, but I've been with a cPanel host for 15+ years and this feature to fail individual addresses has always been there. And no, unfortunately, I don't have a list o fthe valid addresses which I have used over that time to change.

For those that have used Direct Admin for a while, what are the options?

Hugh

Is that what you are looking for?

Thanks - that's exactly what I needed. I like how cPanel lets you set the response that goes back, but just having this feature means it should be easier to migrate my domain and not have to look for a new host :)

Back