Frontpage 2002

Langg

Verified User
Can someone tell me what i need to do in order for Frontpage 2002 to work correctly on this server? It tells me frontpage extensions are not on the server but the helpdesk keeps refering me to this forum..any help would be appreciated

Langg said:
Can someone tell me what i need to do in order for Frontpage 2002 to work correctly on this server? It tells me frontpage extensions are not on the server but the helpdesk keeps refering me to this forum..any help would be appreciated

What errors are you getting? are FP extensions showing as enabled in DA?

Chris

yes is says frontpage is enabled....
But when i publish my site from frontpage it says
some of the features wont work. the server that i am publishing
to does not have the latest version of frontpage extensions.
the guest book feature wont work, neither will the web counter.

thanks for your help

Langg said:
yes is says frontpage is enabled....
But when i publish my site from frontpage it says
some of the features wont work. the server that i am publishing
to does not have the latest version of frontpage extensions.
the guest book feature wont work, neither will the web counter.

thanks for your help

Does it upload ok though?

I think the user interactive items where data gets placed in the private folders is stopped.......... including the formmail (not used/tried the guestbook or counter)

This problem is the .exe's that FP extensions use dont work in linux (windows only) - so the extensions are limited you could say...

As far as I know, there's not a fix for this... but I could be wrong.

Chris

One of our clients successfully uses the FrontPage form-to-email method on our DA server.

As far as I can tell by looking at the sourcecode there's nothing special done to enable/disable it.

Jeff

it is highly probable that i just dont know what i am doing...
it uploads fine, it just gives me that error everytim i do.
i tried to use the guestbook feature but that did not work once it was posted.

Welcome to the club; no one in the world understands how FrontPage works.

And I'll stand by that.

:)

Jeff

I have tried to get front page exe problems sorted now for over a year. They certainly work on cpanel linux machines - just have problems with my direct admin account :-(

ok i wasnt sure if it was something i was doing wrong. it says frontpage is enabled, but also says frontpage not installed.
so i dont know.

the messages I got / get is normally to do with a .exe front page extension not installed.

Last time I got a message from an admin here - they were looking into it - that was some months ago though.

In cpanel I can logonto the server and recalulate the web and run security from there etc - with the direct admin version - i get no joy what so ever

then same was true fro creating members webs when I tried that

Back