ftp accounts

miramis

Verified User
Hi.

I'm hosting a couple of sites at my domain and I've set up separate ftp accounts for them. I've chosen the option "Ftp account with the root directory as the users name in the public_html directory".. Now when I try to log in to those accounts it just says "login fail, login incorrect". I know it's not, so I think I might be doing something wrong.

Is this how it should be?

host: ftp.mydomain.com
login: username (or is it [email protected] or username#mydomain.com, I've tried both)
password: password

I'm grateful for any help. Thanks.

With the risk of sounding stupid.. Do you mean the OS I run on my own computer? Never been much of a techie with that kind of stuff.. :o

No, he was wondering what OS your DA server is running on.

If you're not an Admin, that shouldn't matter, and I presume you're an end-user (domain owner).

I'm getting a slightly different error; I can log in but I can't see the directory contents; I get a permissions error.

So I'm waiting for DA support to answer this one.

Jeff

Hello,

The login depends on what type of IP you have, either shared or owned, but DA should give you the exact format of the login in the ftp accounts table under "Account".

Of course, make sure the path that it's trying to use actually exists ;)

John

I tried checking under the ftp menu but saw nothing there that would help.. :( Everything should be correct, but it's still not working!

It's working now and I haven't changed anything. Odd. But it's working, so all's fine. :)

DirectAdmin Support said:
Odd. So I'm assuming changing it to the correct user fixed the problem for you.

John

No I can not Chown the directory to the correct user because the newly created user does not exist on the system. My guess is that a ProFTPD setting is not set right, dunno yet.

Back