Google Apps

tlchost

Verified User
I have a client who wants to use Google Apps....anyone going that now?
I am trying tomake sense out of the Google pages....but once again, the technology buss took a turn on me.

Google is not very forth coming with system requirements.

Perhaps it would pay to email them ?

Google is not very forth coming with system requirements.

Perhaps it would pay to email them ?

I finally figured it out....I'm willing to blame it on my lack of understanding....but the docs could be better.

Thanks

What am I missing? Do Google Apps run as a reseller on our DA servers? If not, then where should this thread really be located?

Jeff

What am I missing? Do Google Apps run as a reseller on our DA servers? If not, then where should this thread really be located?

Jeff

Don't know Jess....I asked if anyone here had any experience with it, since I had a bit of a problem getting DA to do what it needed to do.

Since I had the problem as a reseller, I thought that this might me an an appropriate place to post.

Obvviously it's not, whcih explains you post that was no help whatsoever in giving me information that I needed.

Thanks for the fish.

Okay. I think you were asking how to set up something on your server for Google Apps. I've read a bit on Google Apps and I've never read anything about them needing a server. Do they?

I still don't see why this is a reseller issue, and you've not been clear as to why installing a third-party application should be a third party reseller, I've moved the thread.

Jeff

Okay. I think you were asking how to set up something on your server for Google Apps. I've read a bit on Google Apps and I've never read anything about them needing a server. Do they?
Jeff

They don't need a server but you do have to change several dns settings to use Google Apps (fyi - which is google applications for your own domain). Google does have lots of docs on setting it up but some people might need a little extra help translating that to directadmin. So you might see some support requests here on that topic.

DirectAdmin allows direct DNS change support at the user (domain owner) level, but it must be allowed first by admin to the reseller and then by the reseller to the user.

If your provider is using DirectAdmin and you need to change your DNS and can't, ask your hosting provider to do it for you or to give you access.

Jeff

They don't need a server but you do have to change several dns settings to use Google Apps (fyi - which is google applications for your own domain). Google does have lots of docs on setting it up but some people might need a little extra help translating that to directadmin. So you might see some support requests here on that topic.

I finally got it running....one of the problems was that the examples used by Google didn't always agree with the Direct Admin DNS management page.

There seems to be more people having issues with this than I thought. I have setup google apps with close to 25 domains now and growing. So I have a fair level of experience with it and directadmin.

So if anyone has questions about about GA with DA, post here and I will answer them.

DKIM and SPF

Hello,

I know this is a old post but i hope DragonWize is still here to help.

I cant get email verification to work for my google apps.

Iemand tryed several things with and without " " around the code given by google.

Can someone help me out?

Regards,
Jasper

Back