Help in configuring DirectAdmin Mail with Cloudflare (can't receive mail, but can send )

pallinarozza

Verified User
Hi at all,
I'm trying to configure my dedicated with cloudflare and directadmin.
At the beginning I could send and receive mail using roundcube, but I couldn't connect from other client using POP and SMTP.
I don't remember what record I deleted from cloudflare and I can't receive anymore email on roundcube, but I can send them. Now I can connect to other clients using POP and SMTP, but also there I don't receive any mail.
Can someone check what I am missing in my config?

Here are some pics of Cloudflare config and DirectAdmin email settings.
Ps. I have also DKIM disabled

Attachments

• Annotazione 2019-12-30 002852.png
    Annotazione 2019-12-30 002852.png
    14.7 KB · Views: 24
  • Annotazione 2019-12-30 003209.png
    Annotazione 2019-12-30 003209.png
    20.5 KB · Views: 23
  • Annotazione 2019-12-30 003953.png
    Annotazione 2019-12-30 003953.png
    22.3 KB · Views: 24
As you are proxying the server's origin IP address, you will need to set DirectAdmin up to allow this. But based on this comment maybe not necessary.

You will also need to copy the DKIM record from DirectAdmin DNS to CloudFlare and create an SPF record.

As you are proxying the server's origin IP address, you will need to set DirectAdmin up to allow this. But based on this comment maybe not necessary.

You will also need to copy the DKIM record from DirectAdmin DNS to CloudFlare and create an SPF record.
I have DKIM disabled. Do I have to install it or the DKIM record procedure or this is only who uses dkim?
I have also added this record to cloudflare:
MX mail 100.00.000.000 Auto DNS only

I have DKIM disabled. Do I have to install it or the DKIM record procedure or this is only who uses dkim?
I have also added this record to cloudflare:
MX mail 100.00.000.000 Auto DNS only

DKIM is an authentication method which will help in the delivery of email. I would recommend it (https://help.directadmin.com/item.php?id=569)

Do you have an SPF/TXT record?

Code:
Name: @ or blank

Type: TXT
Record: "v=spf1 a mx ip4:SERVERIP -all"

If you can send mail, but not receive, this sounds like the mx records are not resolving to your server.

Put your domain in the box here: https://mxtoolbox.com/

You want to see your server's IP as a result.

Last edited:
Back