help with website

Topsailsunrise

Hi,
Can someone help please....

I cannot get my website to come up. ( rent-a-nannie.com) It goes to directadmin.com and says "rent-a-nannie.com coming soon"

I recently started or am trying to start a new website. I am using a free host 1stsourcehosting.com but they have no tech support.
I am using a program called Coolpage to build my website and publish to the internet. which I have used for years with another site with great success.
It has a 1-2-3 Publish tool.
It automatically fills in the webpage name.
I have listed as the FTP site: ns1.1stsourcehosting.com and as folder: public_html
I have entered my name & password and when I publish, it appears to publish fine, it says it was succesful.

Can anyone help me, as you can tell, I am not that great with type of things.

Thanks,
Tammy

Tammy, your site is working fine; you probably need to refresh your browser if you still see the problem this morning.

I laud Dan (the owner of 1stSourceHosting) for offering free hosting, but of course you can't expect much in the way of support for "free" (I put the word "free" in quotes because it's not totally free; there's a $10 setup charge). After all, you do get what you pay for, and in this case you're getting a lot more than you're paying for.

However you should probably contact him and let him know that his reverse DNS isn't properly set up, which may or may not cause you problems, especially if you have shell access rights, or if you try to send email out through the server.

If you look at "http://www.dnsreport.com/tools/dnsreport.ch?domain=rent-a-nannie.com" you should see the problem from the "DNS REPORT" point of view.

Jeff

THANK YOU SO MUCH...

Jeff,

Thank you for the information, you went way beyond what you had to do. I appreciate it very much and if things work out with my website, I will upgrade from the free host.

Have a great weekend and thanks again,
Tammy

Back