How to correctly update apache 2.4.6 to 2.4.7 using CB 2.0

heihachi88

Verified User
How to correctly update Apache from 2.4.6 to 2.4.7 without messing up php, mysql, roundcube and phpmyadmin?

Code:
cd /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild
./build update
./build versions
./build apache

Code:
cd /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild
./build update
./build versions
./build apache

Thanks, already updated. Was playing with custombuild/custom folder copied configure/ap2 folder to it and the my apache stopped working :D

Then

Code:
./build refwrite_confs

Then i did
Code:
./build apache
and everything worked again

What actually does
Code:
./build rewrite_confs
? What config files it does rewriting?

It will overwrite files in this path: /etc/httpd/conf/...

Thanks, last question:

when i am creating custombuild/custom/ap2 folder and then copying contents of configure/ap2 folder to custom one, then
Code:
./build rewrite_confs
it can mess up my apache?

That is a to general question, it dependent on the content of the files in your custom folder. The custom files will always be used when you do ./build rewrite_confs, you shold only have files in custom folder that you have a need to change, files that you do not change should not be added to custom folder. Also you should manually apply any changes to the files in custom folder when content of files in configure/ap2... changes, if not you might have trouble in the future. So, do not add files in custom folders unless you absolutely need to make manual changes to them, and only add the files that you need to change, do not add all files to custom folders, only the needed ones.

Edit: For example I have a custom folder at /custombuild/custom/ap2/, but it only contain ONE file, I only have configure.php55 file there, because I needed to add a few lines to configure.php55 - then I always check manually if the content of /custombuild/ap2/configure.php55 file have changed (after doing ./build update), and if it changes, then I apply the change to /custombuild/custom/ap2/configure.php55

Last edited:
That is a to general question, it dependent on the content of the files in your custom folder. The custom files will always be used when you do ./build rewrite_confs, you shold only have files in custom folder that you have a need to change, files that you do not change should not be added to custom folder. Also you should manually apply any changes to the files in custom folder when content of files in configure/ap2... changes, if not you might have trouble in the future. So, do not add files in custom folders unless you absolutely need to make manual changes to them, and only add the files that you need to change, do not add all files to custom folders, only the needed ones.

Edit: For example I have a custom folder at /custombuild/custom/ap2/, but it only contain ONE file, I only have configure.php55 file there, because I needed to add a few lines to configure.php55 - then I always check manually if the content of /custombuild/ap2/configure.php55 file have changed (after doing ./build update), and if it changes, then I apply the change to /custombuild/custom/ap2/configure.php55

Thanks for enlightening me :) I copied whole configure/ap2 like a dumb, that's why i got in the trouble.

Back