how to create game server??

powerdomein

Verified User
Hey Guys,

For a customer of me, i want create a game server? I have a server with:
Centos 4.4 Apache 1.3 MySQL and PHP.

I want install or create a gameserver for FALCON AF 4.0 ( Flight Simulator).

Can anyone help me with a manual guide, links ..or explain me how to install this?

Thanks

Hey Guys,

Can anyone help me with a manual guide, links ..or explain me how to install this?

Thanks

First of all i dont think its good to host gameserver(s) on a production webserver.
But if u want it u should do it :)

Second i think ( searching google ) that there may not be any FALCON AF 4.0 server files for Linux but only for Windows ( ingame dedicated server option)
Maybe im wrong if so please correct me

Thanks..

PS: It's not a production server, a singel server..

I will google it.. But each help is welcome.

Really depends on the game mainly, but i think SSH access will be needed on the gameserver user you create to configure and start the game off.

For specific requirements and instructions [and i've a bit of a look on Google for you, but could not find anything useful unfortunately] you would need to consult the game manufacturer's website / support regarding it I would think.

Especially with it not being one of the "big" games out there, its hard to find info on it and also, it may not have a linux webserver i.e. can only run it as a host on a Windows desktop or server.

EDIT: Didnt see Hans point that i mentioned above - sorry about that Hans :)

Hope that makes sense.

Regards
Nath.

Back