How to: domain alias with different website but alias in every other way?

wimmies

Hello Directadmin,

I have two domains, let's say domain1.com and domain2.com. Domain1.com is currently active in directadmin and has many email addresses set up.

Now I want to change those email addresses to @domain2.com, while maintaining the @domain1.com alias so that users can be reached at both domain addresses.

I figured the best way to do this is by actually changing 'domain1.com' into 'domain2.com' in the domain administration, and then adding domain1.com as an alias to domain2.com.

The only problem I have is that I need people visiting both domains to see two different websites. In fact, if people go to domain1.com they need to see the previously available website. And if they go to domain2.com, they need to see another website.

How can I best do this? Should I not add domain2.com as an alias but as a separate domain? How can I then ensure all email addresses still function the same way?

Thanks.

Hello,

You can always create a symlink between imap/domain1.com/ <==> imap/domain2.com/. If you need to unify email accounts and have different web-content.

Back