How to download my backups without me starting the downloads

Alexander1974

Verified User
My server makes every day 2 backups, every time I must download the backups by FTP.
Is there a way to download the backups via FTP without me downloading it.

I have a laptop that's 24/7 online so a piece of software that does the work would be great.
The IP of my modem at home changes often so I cannot put a IP in Directadmin for sending the backups.

I use both Linux / Windows and I prefer Freeware for this task.
What would you advise me to setup for this backup?

That should be possible. If you have an admin or reseller account backups can be send automatically to an FTP server on your laptop instantly.
If you have a user account, then you could create a cron job which sends over the backups to your FTP server on your laptop.
You don't need your home ip for this, you can also use a domain name, or in your case, something like a no-ip.org address.

You could also create a cron on the laptop to make the ftp connection and fetch the backups.
Or use windows taskmanager. But I guess it's a bit easier with Linux.

Nice list. I don't need it though, have admin and reseller account so I let backups directly go to my NAS from within the DA backup cron.

The IP of my modem at home changes often so I cannot put a IP in Directadmin for sending the backups.

I use both Linux / Windows and I prefer Freeware for this task.
What would you advise me to setup for this backup?
you would need a dynamic ip host service with installed client that updates the zone

Back