How to grant sql user permission to create databases ?

V4705

Hi,
I need to give one of the developers an option to create and manage more databases.

I tried giving him just phpmyadmin access but the option to create new database is blocked over there.

I couldn't find an option to create a limited user to DirectAdmin GUI with limited access to an existing domain.

Any suggestions?

Many thanks!

i have same problem and i dont understand the api, can anyone just give the putty commands i need to do?

This will create the same difficulty for you, because to create a database via SSH, you first have to login to mysql with the users mysql username and password, which normally is the same as the DA login credentials which you don't want him to have.:cool:
So first you have to create a seperate mysql user and pass for him via Directadmin.
After that, this is the way he can create databases via ssh, first login to his mysql account:
Code:
mysql -u[username] -p[password]
and then create a database like this:
Code:
create database [database-name];
and give rights if needed:
Code:
grant all privileges on [database-name].* to '[username]'@'localhost' identified by "[password]";
I'm not sure about the last line if this is done automatically or not by Directadmin.

Possibly the simplest way would be here to use Login Keys.
With it you can give your developer an access into directadmin and allow him/here only to manage MySQL.

There are two users in MySQL installation from Directadmin by default , who has permissions to create DBs, and they are da_admin and root. You can use any of them on your own risk. If your phpbb install script gets hacked or compromised they will probably get super user privileges.

So in this case I'd suggest to create another user in phpmyadmin and give permissions to a limit list of operation, it might include permissions to create, but not destroy tables for example.

how can i found out what passwords are used for da_admin and root, i tried the logins i have from mine vps the root and the master login from direct admin, both with no luck

CREATE USER 'monty'@'localhost' IDENTIFIED BY 'some_pass'

MySQL meldt: Documentatie
#1227 - Toegang geweigerd. U moet het CREATE USER privilege hebben voor deze operatie

Back