How to install DirectAdmin legacy code-base

sufiyanshaikh

Verified User
I have old license and want to install fresh DA on a Fresh server.
How can I install it?
Please provide steps

Just do it as you used to do it.
There are no different installations steps from legacy code base and the new modern license.

The only difference is that the new features will not be usable until you upgrade your license.

Please provide steps
Login as root via SSH and use this command for example:
bash <(curl -fsSL https://download.directadmin.com/setup.sh) 'Provided license key should go here'

In contrary of the old way, the license key is a real license key so NOT your license ID. The key can be created from your DA customer account if it not already exists.

I do this every time I do a new install.

I do this every time I do a new install.
I know the steps to install DirectAdmin but I was not aware of step installing Legacy version so asked here.
Fortunately, DA support team replied as well as I got help from this post here.

Now for others who are looking for the same:
Just use license key of legacy version and it should be installed without any issues.

If you don't install using legacy version, you won't be able to use the legacy license key on the same server without DA reinstall.
You can upgrade to new licenses but cannot downgrade.

I hope this helps someone in future.

You have to use whatever license key is in your account or you can reset the license key. The license key is associated with the license type. Its not like you can choose a legacy version vs the new version.

You have to use whatever license key is in your account or you can reset the license key. The license key is associated with the license type. Its not like you can choose a legacy version vs the new version.
If you have legacy version license, you must use key of it it if you want to install legacy DirectAdmin
You can have legacy package license and licenses with pro-pack in same DA billing account.

There is no way to downgrade from pro-pack to legacy license currently and have to reinstall DA with legacy package license key.

If you have legacy version license, you must use key of it it if you want to install legacy DirectAdmin
You can have legacy package license and licenses with pro-pack in same DA billing account.

There is no way to downgrade from pro-pack to legacy license currently and have to reinstall DA with legacy package license key.

But of course you would have to buy the new version. Your original question did not indicate to me that you had more than 1 license to choose from. Sounded like to me you just wanted to reinstall what you had on a new server.

Back