How would DA manage this?

fromalk

Hello everyone,

I'm currently building the following network strucure for 2 clients of mine. Now I'm really doubting about what controle panel I should use. The network should look like this:
http://www.272.be/stijn/typografie.jpg
1 client needs to run loads of mysql querys where as the other uses a storage capacity of 1300Gb.

Note: the dns servers will be replaced by loadbalancers and not use a round robin method anymore.

So I'll need to be able to add 'x' customers say 10 for example, all of there files are placed on the fileserver, through a nfs filesystem the user-data-folders are mounted in each webserver, and they all use the database server for there databases.
Only 2 users have access to the private mailserver others will use one that isn't mesioned on the sheme yet, can DA do that? And how about messuring datatraffic each individual user makes on all servers? As I'm told DA isn't capable of pulling this of -yet-.

Thanks in advance

I'm sure someone else can confirm this, but I'm quite sure DA is not designed to run this type of application. I have heard of people having a lot of trouble running load balanced DA servers.

With that said, DA does support external MySQL, Mail, and DNS - with a few config modifications.

I have never used Exim, but it is my understanding that it is a little bit more geared towards running multiple servers linked together.

I'm sure someone else can conform this.

Hello,

If I understand you will have:

- Load balancers (2)
- File server (1)
- MySQL server (1)
- Web servers (4)

I would not use DA to manage this solution because DA is not designed for this but you can anyway easily make it step by step.

I would do so:

- Setup load balancer (without DA)
- Setup file server (without DA)
- Setup MySQL server (without DA)
- Setup WEB servers (without DA)

- Setup one DA server for mail and MySQL entry and then make a replication of the MySQL to the second MySQL server.

Then simply query to the second MySQL server (the dedicated one).

In this way, you will have on DA server to manage e-mail and MySQL thru the panel and other server will be dedicated and managed by yourself with SSH.

I am sure there are many other solutions to manage, but this is the easiest and cheapest solution to my eyes.

Note : NFS can become very slow if you do not have fiber channel, or something like that. Consider using fiber connection between them.

Good luck.

Last edited:
Personally, I think DA would be confusing in this situation. If you want DA's email systems, then you can use DirectAdmin, but you'd still have to set up eveything manually on the other servers.

I'd be more apt to look at Vexim for a virtual exim system sans DA.

I've moved this thread, since it's no longer about DA :) .

Jeff

Back