I really need help

Dmgoudeau

I think I accidently deleted my school files that are very important! I had them in my clipboard and tried to copy and move one. Well I moved all of them, so when they appeared in the wrong folder, I deleted them out of that folder, thinking it was just a copy! Please, help me!!!:confused::mad::confused::(

@Dmgoudeau:

I'm not sure why you're posting here. Were your files on a webserver running DirectAdmin software? If not, then this isn't the right place for you to post. If yes, then only your webhosting vendor can help you and only if the files are on the server.

Jeff

.tar.gz files can also be opened in WinZip and other zip/unzip utilities for Windows.

Jeff

ok this is what comes up when I try to get my information back:Result of file move

Details

Unable to rename /domains/dmgoudeau.aisites.com/public_html/fnd132/Week4/Generation_Now/GenerationNowArticles.html to /backups/GenerationNowArticles.html: Unable to move /domains/dmgoudeau.aisites.com/public_html/fnd132/Week4/Generation_Now/GenerationNowArticles.html to /backups/GenerationNowArticles.html:
A directory component in oldpath or newpath does not exist or is a dangling symbolic link.

Unable to rename /domains/dmgoudeau.aisites.com/public_html/fnd132/Week4/Generation_Now/GenerationNowBlogs.html to /backups/GenerationNowBlogs.html: Unable to move /domains/dmgoudeau.aisites.com/public_html/fnd132/Week4/Generation_Now/GenerationNowBlogs.html to /backups/GenerationNowBlogs.html:
A directory component in oldpath or newpath does not exist or is a dangling symbolic link.

Unable to rename /domains/dmgoudeau.aisites.com/public_html/fnd132/Week4/Generation_Now/adv_huckfinn.css to /backups/adv_huckfinn.css: Unable to move /domains/dmgoudeau.aisites.com/public_html/fnd132/Week4/Generation_Now/adv_huckfinn.css to /backups/adv_huckfinn.css:

Unable to rename /domains/dmgoudeau.aisites.com/public_html/fnd132/Week4/Generation_Now/adv_huckfinn.html to /backups/adv_huckfinn.html: Unable to move /domains/dmgoudeau.aisites.com/public_html/fnd132/Week4/Generation_Now/adv_huckfinn.html to /backups/adv_huckfinn.html:

Unable to rename /domains/dmgoudeau.aisites.com/public_html/fnd132/week3/Generation Now1.html to /backups/Generation Now1.html: Unable to move /domains/dmgoudeau.aisites.com/public_html/fnd132/week3/Generation Now1.html to /backups/Generation Now1.html:

Unable to rename /domains/dmgoudeau.aisites.com/public_html/fnd132/week3/GenerationNowAboutUs.html to /backups/GenerationNowAboutUs.html: Unable to move /domains/dmgoudeau.aisites.com/public_html/fnd132/week3/GenerationNowAboutUs.html to /backups/GenerationNowAboutUs.html:

Unable to rename /domains/dmgoudeau.aisites.com/public_html/fnd132/week5/GrowingWildflower1.html to /backups/GrowingWildflower1.html: Unable to move /domains/dmgoudeau.aisites.com/public_html/fnd132/week5/GrowingWildflower1.html to /backups/GrowingWildflower1.html:

Unable to rename /domains/dmgoudeau.aisites.com/public_html/fnd132/week5/Huckleberry-Finn.gif to /backups/Huckleberry-Finn.gif: Unable to move /domains/dmgoudeau.aisites.com/public_html/fnd132/week5/Huckleberry-Finn.gif to /backups/Huckleberry-Finn.gif:

Unable to rename /domains/dmgoudeau.aisites.com/public_html/fnd132/week5/adv_huckfinn.html to /backups/adv_huckfinn.html: Unable to move /domains/dmgoudeau.aisites.com/public_html/fnd132/week5/adv_huckfinn.html to /backups/adv_huckfinn.html:

Unable to rename /domains/dmgoudeau.aisites.com/public_html/fnd132/week5/daisy.jpg to /backups/daisy.jpg: Unable to move /domains/dmgoudeau.aisites.com/public_html/fnd132/week5/daisy.jpg to /backups/daisy.jpg:

This is all I get in my backup files:
/domains/dmgoudeau.aisites.com/public_html/fnd132/Week4/Generation_Now/GenerationNowArticles.html
/domains/dmgoudeau.aisites.com/public_html/fnd132/Week4/Generation_Now/GenerationNowBlogs.html
/domains/dmgoudeau.aisites.com/public_html/fnd132/Week4/Generation_Now/adv_huckfinn.css
/domains/dmgoudeau.aisites.com/public_html/fnd132/Week4/Generation_Now/adv_huckfinn.html
/domains/dmgoudeau.aisites.com/public_html/fnd132/week3/Generation Now1.html
/domains/dmgoudeau.aisites.com/public_html/fnd132/week3/GenerationNowAboutUs.html
/domains/dmgoudeau.aisites.com/public_html/fnd132/week5/GrowingWildflower1.html
/domains/dmgoudeau.aisites.com/public_html/fnd132/week5/Huckleberry-Finn.gif
/domains/dmgoudeau.aisites.com/public_html/fnd132/week5/adv_huckfinn.html
/domains/dmgoudeau.aisites.com/public_html/fnd132/week5/daisy.jpg

Maybe a little late response, but maybe it can help someone.
I had the same problem when I want to backup.
The problem in my case, there was a big file in my public_html directory.
So just make sure there is no large file in the public_html folder or email folder.
At least not more then 1 GB.

Maybe a little late response, but maybe it can help someone.
I had the same problem when I want to backup.
The problem in my case, there was a big file in my public_html directory.
So just make sure there is no large file in the public_html folder or email folder.
At least not more then 1 GB.

But I guess that isn't the working solution for everyone.

Back