Important News for ModernBill users:

nobaloney

NoBaloney Internet Svcs - In Memoriam †
Use Modernbill?

Did you like this post:

http://www.directadmin.com/forum/showpost.php?p=127084&postcount=1

If so, then you'll love this announcement:

http://www.modernbill.com/about/news/20080327.php

Yes, SWSoft, now rebranded as Parallels, is the new owner of the ModernBill product and name.

Considering all they've said about the changes to the control panels they've taken over, and all the disappointment in the community over higher prices and less service, I can hardly wait to see what they do with ModernBill. :(

Jeff

I believe that the software will still be able to operate on it's own if you are holding on to a owned license.

It is sad that they removed all the owned licensing and replace with monthly plan. This is so bad.

LOL...I hate parallels products (except a virtuozzo VPS which is ok)

I guess WHMCS should be a better billing sysem option now. (I use it)

I believe that the software will still be able to operate on it's own if you are holding on to a owned license.

It is sad that they removed all the owned licensing and replace with monthly plan. This is so bad.
Reading their own forums, there are a lot of complaints about them no longer offering licenses for ModernBill4, and a lot of complaints about ModernBill5 still not working well.

Jeff

Anyway, Modernbill is dying since they launched the buggy version5

We purchased a licence just arount that moment, we never had anything working, version 4 or 5 it was just a nightmare to configure and to use.

We are on whmcs and it is simple and great, I believe whmcs just killed modernbill.

yep, when they released mbill v5 I started looking for a new platform however never moved to a new one, and am still using v4, but now with this development I will be looking with some urgency as I think its only a matter of time before my v4 licence is deactivated and forced to a v5 one.

yep, when they released mbill v5 I started looking for a new platform however never moved to a new one, and am still using v4, but now with this development I will be looking with some urgency as I think its only a matter of time before my v4 licence is deactivated and forced to a v5 one.
I am a former MB4 customer who updated to MB5. That was a horrible experience.

I migrated to WHMCS last week and it is a breath of fresh air. It has a very speedy, thorough, and intuitive UI and very helpful support to make the transition smooth. I don't dread logging into my billing software anymore :)

God, the name parallels just makes me sick to my stomach. The Parallels Virtuozzo platform doesn't hold water to vmware. And the mac desktop client made me want to switch to a native windows box. This is sad.

Back