Installatron troubles

AndyII

Verified User
I dont mind this ad-on but after the server install of the ad-on, it started reminding EveryOne about updates , even ALL the ones this ad-on did NOT install so you cant turn off notifications in the install if there wasnt one done by Installatron , other complaint is this, during the install using Installatron , there should be options for Email Notification to be done, as is now you have to "Edit" the install and deselect any/options , so why is Installatron sticking its nose into other sites that were manually installed?
I used it to install a WP site just to see how the process went and I had to edit the install to deselect the notifications, and were not visible during the initial install
having 100 of emails sent out about notifications is a nuisance and like SPAM
not counting the all the client email asking what the heck is going on and why are they getting emails on sites they or I installed manually
Im about ready to just turn it off, or go into EACH site and change the notifications? (not)

I think you should complaint with the installatron guys.
http://installatron.com/forum/
maybe they can tell you why or if it can be fixed in a future version.

We have only 1 server on installatron and it isn't bad. But for the others we choose softaculous which we find a lot friendlyer.

Oh I will :) but wanted to see if anyone else here had the same issues, if others noticed it or had similar troubles then I would think would carry more weight. :confused:
also would mean having to join yet another forum and time is too short these days

Last edited:
As of yet we did not have this problem with Installatron on installation I must say. But it could be this is only happening since a certain newer version. We only have installatron on one server and the last time we changed servers in may last year we did not encounter the problem you mentioned. So it might be an option they build in after may last year.
You could also write to their support department instead of joining another forum. It would be indeed a bad thing if users would be notified during installation, without any possibility to choose if you would want that to happen.

We use installatron on multiple machines and get a lot of emails. We sort them out with a filter and ut them in their own email folder, and almost never look at them unless we're experiencing a specific problem we're looking to fix.

Jeff

Back