Invalid IP address

patrickkasie

Verified User
Dear DirectAdmin forum,

We had a problem with our IPv6 in the past, so we requested a different IPv6 from our hostingprovider.
The old one ended in ::1, the current one is in the image.
When trying to link IPv6 addresses in the IP manager, I couldn't link it 2 ways. This wasn't something I was concerned about because the online IPv6 tests still succeeded, but today, that did not go that way when testing for e-mail servers on internet.nl.

Edit: I cannot free it, unassign it, any action will make that pop up come up.

See attached image

Attachments

• chrome_j8mWVIaNqq.png
    chrome_j8mWVIaNqq.png
    43.6 KB · Views: 25
Is it still linked? If yes, unlink it first.

What do you mean by this, 2 ways? Normally you click the ipv4 and then in that page, you link the ipv6 to the ipv4.
Wha other way do you want to link it?
I also click the IPv6 on the page, then link the IPv4 to the IPv6, but I cannot link that, because the IPv6 is not correct according to the message. Everything I click on results in that pop up.

I've just tried unlinking the IPv4, that worked, relinked it, that worked, still the same pop up that the IPv6 is invalid when I click on that.

I also click the IPv6 on the page, then link the IPv4 to the IPv6,
Why, that's the wrong way.

Maybe you can do this:
1.) Unlink die ipv4 from the ipv6 and remove the ipv6.
2.) Add the ipv6 again, but do not enter 255.255.255.0 but use just /64 behind it. It might give an error, but it will be added.
3.) If that works, click the ipv4 and link the ipv6 to it.
4.) Ready, do not link the other way around anymore.

Why, that's the wrong way.

Maybe you can do this:
1.) Unlink die ipv4 from the ipv6 and remove the ipv6.
2.) Add the ipv6 again, but do not enter 255.255.255.0 but use just /64 behind it. It might give an error, but it will be added.
3.) If that works, click the ipv4 and link the ipv6 to it.
4.) Ready, do not link the other way around anymore.
But they (IPv4 and IPv6) do link with each other on other servers, it's just this particular one that doesn't seem to work (IPv4 -> IPv6 and IPv6 -> IPv4)

I don't understand why you would want to make a double connection. Seems to me that works conflicting and there is not any need for it either.

I don't understand why you would want to make a double connection. Seems to me that works conflicting and there is not any need for it either.

This is not the case on other servers, where IPv6 is also linked back to IPv4

This is not the case on other servers,
I see all kinds of issues there. What exactly is not the case? The reachability of the MX address via ipv6?
That's a config error on your side then somehow/somewhere, because I dont have that issue at all on any server with only the ipv6 linked to the ipv4. For example, do you have the required open ports (like 25) on ipv6 setting too in csf.conf and a seperate AAA record for mail?
Or do you mean something else?

Why you think it fail because can't link from ipv4 to ipv6 ?

IP link design for something like create dns record, create virtualhost, ..etc.. for the same route.

make one link should be enought.

ipv6 TO ipv4.

Unreachable IPv6 shouldn't relate to IP Link issued. so your interface have something wrong.

ehh... try ping, curl .... telnet from other location to your IPv6.

Back