Ips are Blocking

hmaddy

Verified User
Installed CSF and Imunify360 on server for security.

All genuine website visitors or wordpress wp-admin local isp ips are adding to the blacklist of CSF/Brute Force Manager. i removed the blocked ips manually and again and again its adding to blacklist and reason is brute force manager. In this server more than 200 websites are hosted. All the website owners and the visitors are facing the same. How to prevent this.??????????

It could be a DA option causing this.
Login as admin and check if "Scan for WordPress attacks" is enabled. If yes, disable it and see if that helps.

However, mind that blocks are not created for fun. There must be something going on. Also I always advise to never enable the subnet blacklist in csf because that can also cause these kind of issues.

New feature from couple versions ago brute_force_scan_mod_security_logs=1 default is supper trigger happy

You can set it to 0 in directadmin conf
brute_force_scan_mod_security_logs=0

New feature from couple versions ago brute_force_scan_mod_security_logs=1 default is supper trigger happy

You can set it to 0 in directadmin conf
brute_force_scan_mod_security_logs=0
Not found this on conf page.

You again quoted the full post. I know my own text. Please use the reply button.

How to check what I said? It's stated in my post:
Login as admin and check if "Scan for WordPress attacks" is enabled. If yes, disable it and see if that helps.
So login as admin and look for this under the Administrator settings.

still the issues are happening. i dont know how to prevent this. Am planning to migrate to any other control panel. Its too difficult to manage DA

So the Scan for Wordpress attacks were not enabled? You have to check logs then to see what's going on, thats real admin work.
DA too difficult? Compared to cPanel maybe, but that's why that's very expensive.

Back