is there an easy way to change nginx/php-fpm from sockets to tcp?

dmacleo

Verified User
trying to troubleshoot an issue with items like phpmyadmin upload times and 502 errors (already verified webapps ownership correct) and some admin items on invisionpower board that take time.
I'm getting 502 errors but not yet seeing anything in any logs, however I have seen reports that this is often a socket issue.
thought I would try tcp but due to how webapps and stuff are setup I don't think there is easy way to change fastcgi_pass to tcp unless I manual;ly edit each one in the nginx conf file and remember to always do that.

still an intermittent issue.
need to look at more worker processes?
hate to go back to apache as nginx working so much faster for me.

Not sure whether or not it is possible to do by default. One or two custom POST scripts might help you with that. They are just needed to set different TCP port for each newly created user.

actually now (since last night) looking at it being more specifically a phpmyadmin issue.
I can upload a few hundred MB video through php site fine.
PMA giving me all sorts of issues though.

It could be /usr/local/php55/etc/php-fpm.conf related then, because webapps pool is defined there. Don't forget to restart php-fpm55 service afterwards.

been messing with that all last night.
need to dig deeper into the webapps pool. looks like (for pma) is related to the hand off to sql (cannot think of better way to say that) from php. not finding any issues in sql logs.
if I don't figure it out today I will need to try tcp and not sockets.
never had this issue with cpanel and the cpXstack mod, so looking to see if that used sockets and if so I am looking at the configs its used to see if I can see why.
since my DA license is through reseller I don't have manner to test the latest DA release to see if that would help.

if I do need to use tcp I would just do it globally, there an easy way to do it?

Back