I've got another one for you.......

SICK

Verified User
Again.... I've installed DA on a box that already had 100+ sites so I have things where I want them and want to change as little as possible. I am trying to make DA fit my setup....

anyway.....

I have a log dir
/home/websites/logs

then I have an access and error dir inside the log dir
/home/websites/logs/access
/home/websites/logs/error

I have setup the custom httpd.conf to create logs for the domains in my log dirs - /home/websites/logs/access/domain.com-log etc...

Now I would like to know how to tell DA where the domain logs are so when a user logs in and goes to Logs/Stats and clicks on Full usage log it will show them /home/websites/logs/|DOMAIN|.log* and the 10 lines / 100 lines will tail /home/websites/logs/|DOMAIN|.log* etc.....

:))

Good luck.

DA is supposed to be installed on a clean server.

If the install performs as advertised, it should have removed your Apache as well as a lot of other software, and completely reinstalled it.

If you can change DA to work with your layouts, please let us know how you did it.

Jeff

I actuall uninstalled apache and proftpd then installed DA.... shut down the email server.... tried to shut down the name server but it won't work without it.... I just let DA add a record for the domain but its not being used.... Took out all button/links to "manage your DNS" So far I have been successful in getting all this working.... I have the custom login/logout page, the mail link goes to our seperate webmail server etc... This the last thing Im having issues with..... trying to make DA look elsewhere for logs..... any one got any ideas??

sicK

Hello,

/usr/local/direcadmin/conf/directadmin.conf
Code:
apachelogdir=/var/log/httpd/domains
But it assumes they're all in the same directory.

John

Sorry, I meant that DA assumes the logs are all in the apachelogdir directory. If you want to split up the logs into different directories (usage, error).. DA wont' be able to handle it. The closest you can get is:

apachelogdir=/home/websites/logs

The format of the files will need to be the same as DA has it setup.. and the access and error logs both need to be inside that one directory.

John

Back