Letsencrypt re-enable auto renew?

Richard G

Verified User
Suppose a user has clicked the "disable auto renew" for the Letsencrypt SSL Certificat by accident.
Is there a way (maybe via SSH commandline) to enable this again for him? Or is the only way to fix this to request a new certificate?

You may fill /usr/local/directadmin/data/users/username/domains/domain.cert.creation_time with the timestamp of the cert creation time, and after 60 days after it, DA will renew the cert automatically. Make sure the file is owned by diradmin user.

Thank you, the user indeed had clicked that button (denied it at first).
I tried what you said but didn't work as it was complaining there was no san_config anymore. Probably removed when the user pushed that "disable autorenew" button.
I could have made one manually, but I decided to revoke the certificate via the commandline option and after that create a new one for him.

Hi,
Is there any possibility to mark again "auto-renew" for all domains which have let's encrypt in specific user?
Because after move backup DA from one server to another I can see now there's no auto-renew turned on.... and some domains have expired SSL and I have to create again new one... but it's a problem if I have hundreds of domains :///
Something like here https://docs.directadmin.com/webser...for-let-s-encrypt-ssls-managed-by-directadmin but just with creating *.cert.creation_time
@smtalk

Last edited:
Ok, I copied .cert.creation_time from old server but you should add option like that to recreate in all domains that file :)

Back