libmysqlclient.so.16 error

vijai

Verified User
Hello all,
Last week, I did something stupid by installing mysql-server from terminal. Then Mysql stopped working. Then I reinstalled Mysql from directadmin build. Since then, i have task.queue not processed error in message system and I cannot update from directadmin! When I tried via terminal, I get
Code:
Error while loading shared libraries: libmysqlclient.so.16: Cannot open shared object file
I get the same error when I try to run the cron to remove task.queue.

I also tried directadmin FAQ which suggested to download the lib manually and symlink it but of no use. Could somebody please help me?
Regards,
Vijai

Do you run CentOS 64bit? And is the current mysql version installed by custombuild 5.5.x? If so, maybe try to create this symlink:

Code:
cd /usr/lib64
ln -s libmysqlclient.so.18 libmysqlclient.so.16

I really don't know how to help if this does not work, but if you are lucky that will help ...

Do you run CentOS 64bit? And is the current mysql version installed by custombuild 5.5.x? If so, maybe try to create this symlink:

Code:
cd /usr/lib64
ln -s libmysqlclient.so.18 libmysqlclient.so.16

I really don't know how to help if this does not work, but if you are lucky that will help ...

Hmm...there is no libmysqlclient.so.18 in /usr/lib64 how would symlink work then?

Thank you ditto! I symlinked the lib from /usr/local/mysql/lib to /usr/lib64 and it worked!

P.S: The libmysqlclient.so.16 which I pulled from DA server like what I have said in OP is apparently a wrong version! Thankfully, i had the original lib backed up. So I replaced it back and my license and DA version is updated successfully!

Back