Light-Weight Server-Wide Spam Filter

This is a good idea but exim has many possible acl for that ;-)
And even can reject without other check...

Sure some use spamblocker and other tools as different good solution.

And so sure if you don't use antispam like SA you will miss some spams.

Yes, but with Exim, I looked at the config and it bounces back the message if it is listed in RBL.

So for example, if your friend's ISP is listed in the RBL and he sends you a urgent message. Your server is setup using Exim RBL and it bounces back the message to your friend so you can never receive it until the ISP is removed from the RBL.

And SpamAssassin is too loudsy. It takes up too much CPU usage to process an email. If you adjust the message size larger, it is even worst, so this is why I don't use it and write my own filter. Light-weight and faster.

so my friend will use another smtp and quickly run to be delisted ;-)
I'm against spam even it's my friend or brother aso !

It would be nice to compare 1000 mails with your solution and with DA actual conf

Then if you're better, give the price and show the plugin DA interface screen.

xemaps said:
so my friend will use another smtp and quickly run to be delisted ;-)
I'm against spam even it's my friend or brother aso !

Yes your friend can use another SMTP that is whitelisted, but that's not convenient for him.

xemaps said:
It would be nice to compare 1000 mails with your solution and with DA actual conf

Then if you're better, give the price and show the plugin DA interface screen.

The default DA installation does not install any spam filtering application unless you install SpamAssassin and configure the exim.conf yourself.

It doesn't have any interface because it is setup as a server-wide filter. I can make a plug-in and setup as a per-user filter with a neat interface.

Back