List of variables which are wrong in the FAQ

interfasys

Verified User
I just saw that the FAQ mentioned suhosin_uploadscan when the real name of the variable is suhosin_php_uploadscan.

Let's update this thread with similar items so that the FAQ is updated while we wait to be able to do pull requests on Github ;)

Thank you for the report, it's now fixed :) CB has a feature "./build opt_help full" which lists you the latest and correct info, and the "note" was in CB 2.0 FAQ (#6) already. Of course, that doesn't mean that FAQ should be buggy, so thanks for this finding out :)

Here is another one
"mod_ruid2- install/update mod_ruid2 Apache module using "./build mod_ruid2" or "./build all". Possible values: yes/no (default: yes (on FreeBSD: no)). It gets installed automatically if mod_ruid2 value is "yes" and php1/php2_mode is set to "yes"."

php1/php2_mode is never set to "yes", it's set to a config type. I'm guessing you only need it for fastcgi since suphp has its own module.

And thanks for the command to look at the help files on the server. I took a look at what was being said about mod_ruid2
mod_ruid2: Description: mod_ruid2 is an Apache extension that allows requests to a domain to run as the owner of that domain, instead of the Apache user.
and it's wrong, it only changes the user for CGI scripts, so it's only needed if CGI scripts or fastcgi are needed.

Last edited:
Ah, yes, the way these modules call themselves suexec modules is confusing as suexec is used exclusively for CGI and SSI scripts.

Back