Lotus Notes Database

BohumilCerny

Hello,
How to perform Lotus Notes Database Restore using CA Arcserve v.15 on Lotus Domino 8.5.2
I have Domino 8.5.2 with DAOS and Domino Transaction Logging enabled. I was able to use CA Arcserve v.15 to backup the DAOS folder, Transaction logging and mail files using the Agent for Lotus Domino.
My full backups runs on Sunday and Saturday. Incremental the rest of days.
Now I need to find a way to restore the mail\joe.nsf file. I don't want to restore it on the same location (live databases) since it would overwrite the production mail file.
I would like to restore to a different location instead of the Domino data mail folder. Is this possible? I know I can restore to a different folder and CA Arcserve will give me the mail file and all .nlo (attachments files). But how about replaying the logs? And how I would get the .nlo attachments back to a single mail file so I can, let’s say, burn a DVD and give to end users with all documents and attachments?
Thanks for your help

Hi,

This is a DirectAdmin User Forum, is related to DirectAdmin Control Panel.

I would highly suggest you to ask the question in a more Lotus Notes/domino specific Forum.

Regards

Sorry hit the wrong forum. I was hoping that maybe someone knows a little about such matters.

Not sure, maybe someone with some/more knowledge on that topic will reply, i've not expierence with those softwares :)

Regards

A co-worker gave this advice:
Yes, the database can be restored to a different folder on the Domino server. During the restore the Backup agent for Lotus Domino automatically recovers any transactions from the logs, provided the agent option to “Perform recovery” is selected (it is selected by default). Also you can try to restore the database to the desired location with nsf file recovery tool as Lotus Notes Recovery Toolbox. https://www.oemailrecovery.com/lotusnotes_recovery.html
The question about the nlo attachments is best left to Lotus support. I am not aware of any way to manually reattach the nlo files to mail databases.

Thank you guys for your feedback and help. Sorry, that long time did not respond. This is because the issue was solved and I forgot to tell.) Thank you!

Back