message header details

desertbum

this question relates to the details I found in the headers of email messages to me. First I want to set the circumstances. A number of years ago I created email addresses in the control panel of my personal web site. The addresses started out like this [email protected], eventualy I had to delete it created another one like this [email protected]. I used this for a LONG time, recently due to a LARGE volume of spam coming in with that address so I deleted it at the cvrennaker.com mail server, created a new one like this [email protected]. Within one week I started received 20 spam a day then today it rose to over 50.

Now to my question: I use Outlook Express, right clicking the message header and choosing properties then clicking the details I can see message mime details. This details revieled references to the old email addresses as well as the new one c78v79r of just one week ago. how is it possible that the spammers and or the server could not block these messages.The hosting network is acomhosting.com has not responded to my trouble tickets as yet.

Install spam prevention tools such as spamassassin on your email server. Get rid of catch all.

Back