Migration between cPanel and DA

castris

Verified User
I am looking for information on some issues regarding migration from cPanel, in which some are somewhat confusing and I imagine that the data I obtain is mixed in the ocean of time, becoming outdated.
Site migration doesn't worry me so much since I've been migrating accounts for 24 years, both with Capnel and other older panels, and others like Plesk or ISPConfig.

But the email, a fundamental piece of support tickets when something goes wrong.

Are email account passwords respected during the migration?

Any post in the forum updated to date or valid to inform me about the migration process?

I have time, there are more than 60 vps, some with more than 500 accounts.

Now days - I'm not the person that do user migrations in our company (I do the OS installs, upgrades, etc ) but i occasionally do some assisting the team..

Yes all passwords will be extracted and are the same for emails

It also moves cron jobs but paths are different as DA domains are in /domains/ folder

same if you run some scripts that have paths defined in their config php file (opnecart etc)

My advice get a license and install one vps and test if auto migration tool do the job for you and than check and pre list accounts that will need attention

Thanks for the advice, @DanielP

Of course. It has been many years migrating systems and machines. So yesterday I started installing a complete Directadmin cluster, to get used to its things and peculiarities.

And then I will test with a series of accounts of "friends" or "beta testers"

It is not a trivial thing. But I wanted some information. I read something about the difference in the type of encryption (MD5, SHA256, etc...) although I didn't see anything on the machines that I have cPanel and Directadmin, so I thought that everything would remain the same regarding the password for the email accounts .
Thank you so much.

Back