missing directadmin in /etc/init.d

jojolafrite

Verified User
I have noticed there is no /etc/init.d/directadminI guess it is normal because directadmin is loaded thanks to systemd. Nevertheless, after doing a change in administration settings, i got an error saying missing /etc/init.d/directadminI did a quick fix for it:
Code:
ln -s /usr/local/directadmin/directadmin /etc/init.d
Nevertheless, i think that's a quick & dirty fix. I guess that in the directadmin code, /etc/init.d/directadmin restart should be replaced by
Code:
systemctl restart directadmin.service

Last edited:
Hello,

What do you see with:

Code:
cd /usr/local/directadmin/
./directadmin o
./directadmin v

?

Hello,

What do you see with:

Code:
cd /usr/local/directadmin/
./directadmin o
./directadmin v

?

Code:
[FONT=Monaco]root@da10:/etc/init.d# cd /usr/local/directadmin/[/FONT]
[FONT=Monaco]root@da10:/usr/local/directadmin# ./directadmin o[/FONT]
[FONT=Monaco]Compiled on 'Debian 7.0 64-bit'[/FONT]
[FONT=Monaco]Compile time: Jun 27 2015 at 02:05:47[/FONT]
[FONT=Monaco]Compiled with IPv6[/FONT]
[FONT=Monaco]root@da10:/usr/local/directadmin# ./directadmin v[/FONT]
[FONT=Monaco]Version: DirectAdmin v.1.48.3[/FONT]
[FONT=Monaco]root@da10:/usr/local/directadmin#
[/FONT]
[COLOR=#F5F5F5][FONT=Monaco][COLOR=#000000]root@da10:/usr/local/directadmin# cat /etc/issue[/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#F5F5F5][FONT=Monaco][COLOR=#000000]Debian GNU/Linux 8 \n \l[/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR]

I see the point, it looks like the directadmin version of Debian 7 has been installed on Debian 8 on the VPS. I am going through directadmin installation right now. pressing yes to the question saying something like :" Do you want to install directadmin on Debian 8.1?"

Unfortunately, it still shows "compiled on Debian 7"

Is the license key linked to the Debian version ? (Debian 7)

Last edited:
Yes, if you need to run Directadmin on Debian 8, you should change OS in your license. So you need a license for Debian 8.

thank you so much!

Thanks to you, i discovered my directadmin version was for Debian 7, so i have transferred the server to Debian 7.8 & now for sure i have no problem at all.

Back