Modsecurity Rules Can't Disabled

slvmr

Verified User
Hello!

I'm using Openlitespeed (1.7.4) and DA (1.61.4). I have activated modsecurity with owasp rules and i want to disable a few rules. I'm trying this from the page under the heading Modsecurity in the DirectAdmin menu but still i'm showing 406 Error with same modsecurity rule. How can i disable modsecurity rules in directadmin?

Thanks.

Hello!

I'm using Openlitespeed (1.7.4) and DA (1.61.4). I have activated modsecurity with owasp rules and i want to disable a few rules. I'm trying this from the page under the heading Modsecurity in the DirectAdmin menu but still i'm showing 406 Error with same modsecurity rule. How can i disable modsecurity rules in directadmin?

Thanks.
Does openlitespeed restart change anything? Do you have any custom templates?

I restart DA Service and Openlitespeed. It didn't work at first (i didn't use killall lsphp command, just graceful restart lsws) but now, modsecurity rules seem to be excluded.I'm not getting error. So If I want to exclude a new rule, just restarting openlitespeed will suffice, right?

After adding a rule, please wait 1 minute for the reload to happen (via cron).
Check /var/log/directadmin/system.log to confirm which action was taken (reload/restart, etc).
If that doesn't look correct, please let us know what it's logging, and we'll have to dig further.
If anyone else is having the issue, let us know.

John

Back