New and need some help

GPpgGP

I'm completely new to all of this. I registered a domain and bought hosting for it, set the name servers.

Around the time I registered the domain and bought hosting, Which was on/around 03-28-08, I've been having problems getting websites to load. Websites I use to visit on a daily basis and never had problems with them before, like gmail.com, webcrawler.com.

I'm able to access the websites using aol's browser but I can't access them using IE, FF.

I can only assume that it has something to do with me registering my domain and buying hosting. Any ideas or help on that?

Also, reading on site-helper.com, I learned that I'm suppose to set my NS this way ns1.xxx.com. ns2.xxx.com. Making sure to add the Dot after .com

Does that apply to any and every hosting site?
As of right now, my NS is cp1.xapped.com cp2.xapped.com

I hope I was able to describe my problems clearly.
Thank you for any help.

How would registering a domain have anything to do with your home internet?

I have no idea. I never had this problem until after registering and got hosting.

You didn't change the nameservers on your own computer in your network settings did you?

No. I only changed the NS in the control panel for my site.
After creating this thread, I found another forum filled with people who have the same problem as me.
A detailed explanation can be found at
http://forums.techguy.org/web-email/586982-some-internet-sites-won-t.html

The only difference I can find between my problem and everyone else in the other forum is that it seems everyone else seems to have broadband when this happened to them. I've been using dial up for the past year.

I'm assuming it's a really weird coincedence that it happened the day I got a domain and hosting.

I tried all the " fix it " ideas the people in the other forum mention but none work. With the exception of using a proxy or aol's browser, nothing works.

Unfortunetely, the websites I'm a member of, require that you don't use aol or proxies or you get your account banned.

I would still like to try and get help from this forum because the forum I mentioned died down back in december.

Thank you for any advice or suggestions you may have for me.

This has nothing to do with DirectAdmin. Either contact your ISP or take your PC to a shop to have it looked at.

Back