Which type of interface to you want?

• Embedded Interface

Votes: 21 56.8%
  • Stand alone

Votes: 16 43.2%

• Total voters

hehachris

Verified User
We are planning to develop a new billing system for DA. Do you want a embedded interface within DA, or a stand alone interface?

This thread also serves as a feature request thread. Feel free to leave your opinions.

We want a standalone interface with full connectivity to the DirectAdmin API.

We want the ability to set up anniversary date as well as month-to-month billing, and the ability, in both cases, to add charges any time before the billing date, all to be billed at the same time.

We want the ability to use either invoices, statements, or both, on a per-account basis.

We want the ability to use multiple currencies, on a per-account basis.

We want the ability to create several distinct offering/upgrade/downgrade paths for different departments (i.e., if we operate under two different sites, and one site is high priced, we don't want our clients creating a higher-priced product to be offered lower-priced products, and vice-versa).

We want the program to allow us to select from multiple servers, either based on packages, or on average server load over time, or on space left on servers, or number of accounts on servers, or on any combination of above, automatically, at account creation time.

We want to save all cc information properly stored according to the requirements of all credit card companies, but with the ability to see them (perhaps by entering a pin-number, as ModernBill does it).

We want to save ALL prior information for a new client each time new information is entered, reachable by searching a separate client database.

We want to know that the accounting done in the package is done according to recognized accounting standards in our country (in our case the United States of America).

Yes these are all real needs. And if the package existed today we'd seriously consider buying it today ... IF ... and this is the biggest requirement of all ... the company offering the product can offer us:

A proven and trackable track record in writing and maintaining acounting packages, a good proven and trackable record of security and when necessary almost immediate security fixes, a 24/7 support desk including telephone support for times when it's absolutely required (when you're accounting program is down and you're stuck in Los Angeles traffic absolutely no other method will do).

So of course we may never get what we want.

If I think of more I'll let you know ;).

Jeff

I agree with Jeff, as many features as possible would be great... Key for me is not only for DA stuff, but also for add on's such as "premium spam filtering" which is actually our gravy train!

thanks!

Rob,

Is there that much traffic in Scottsdale? I'll have to come visit some time to see :).

Jeff

New billing should accept payments from different payment systems, such as:
paypal.com
wmtransfer.com
webmoney.ru
etc..

thanks for the input.
personally I think standalone interface is the way to go - the ability to support other control panels in the furute.

What´s the status of this project... Is it dead or is there any other invoice products?

Thanks
Daniel

No bad! I have my own billing system but I could offer this for resellers
If this billing system could be offered to resellers

Great:)

Back