New Database in DA Control Panel is very Awful

Johnws2022

Verified User
Dear All,

Not sure when DA has been updated with a latest version. When I created a Database and its username, it is very difficult because database and username have the same name. Even password is not easy to be updated either.

The new database created above is missing in phpMyAdmin.

Can you please advise how to get it to appear in phpMyAdmin?

Very appreciate your support.

Cheers

Fixed: I need to create additional user for Admin username, then it appears in phpMyAdmin.

It may be good for security and protection against hackers, but it is awful to create a database and username which should have a different name.

Will DA better its DB and phpMyAdmin?

Cheers

it is very difficult because database and username have the same name.
I don't know what you're talking about. DA does not create a database for users automatically and certainly not with the same name.
The only database which DA is creating is the main database for DA system usage, mainly Roundcube. The username there is da_admin which is not the same as admin. So that is already a different name.
You normally don't need to access that part of the database, not even as admin. So there is no reason to change this.

Admin is just the same as any other user on userlevel, so he can create his own database with the username and pass he desires.

I don't know what you're talking about. DA does not create a database for users automatically and certainly not with the same name.
I think he is talking about creating a new database in user level. In the new version, whenever creating a new database, an user is created automatically with the same name with database name.

And yes, I have the same feeling. The old way was much easier, better. Now, I need to create another user manually and delete the default user. The new UI reminds me about cPanel, which I don't like it at all.

In the new version, whenever creating a new database, an user is created automatically with the same name with database name.
Really? Did they change that? In that case I'm sorry, I wasn't aware of that. I thought it was always asked which user and password should be created.

In that case it's indeed not an improvement and it's better to change it back.
It's better for security in this case to not help make things more easy for beginners, better is to just put in a popup to create a username and pass.

The new database of DA has caused one of my security plugins to stop working, and I have to reconfigure the whole settings.

Hoping DA revert this DB to the previous version.

Many thanks

The new database of DA has caused one of my security plugins to stop working,
That is odd as nothing changed for existing databases as far as I know, and I didn't notice any either. Only on new databases created, new default usernames and passwords are generated.
Any error notices?

The new database of DA has caused one of my security plugins to stop working, and I have to reconfigure the whole settings.
Weird. Is the other database user still there? Because you can just add an user and give it access to a database. So existing users also can be connected to a new database.

Password is also easy to change. Just go to Databases en above go to Manage Users -> click manage next to the user. Change password.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-03-02 at 23.44.38.png
    Screenshot 2024-03-02 at 23.44.38.png
    18.4 KB · Views: 31
at first look, it does , but if you click on advance mode you can set whatever user name you want.
By default it autocomplete user name with db name value, i think its a validation rule in order to set a value if user dont enter it

Back