New IP added with error: xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx is outside of your IP restrictions

daro2013

Verified User
Dear All,

I have changed IP address for DirectAdmin after Re-installing my VPS server at DigitalOcean. There is error after saving that IP in DirectAdmin:

xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx is outside of your IP restrictions

Although with that error, I installed DirectAdmin successfully without a Password given. Then I go to:

it does not show any thing.

I can also confirm that that IP is working when using ping in SSH.

Can you please advise how to fix this.

Many thanks in advance.

Cheers

Did you buy DirectAdmin via DO? If so then you have to ask them to update their IP restrictions.
If you bought DirectAdmin directly then check in your account at directadmin.com, there's a new section where you can setup IP restrictions. By default that is not set, but you can configure it to not allow your DirectAdmin license to be used outside of certain IP networks.

Because of our new key-based system, DirectAdmin licenses don't rely on IP any more. By default, the key should work anywhere you install it, and you don't need to register any IP in your account.

The only exception is the free trial license. It will lock itself to the first IP used, so maybe this is what you are experiencing?

Edit: Also what @wila mentioned. If it's a key from your provider, they also have the ability to restrict the IP space of the license, so you can't use it outside of their network for example.

Last edited:
Back