New Personal PLUS license

DirectAdmin Sales

Administrator
Staff member
We're happy to announce our new Personal PLUS retail license. It is now visible on our pricing page and available for order.

Compared to our Personal license, it contains lots of pluses:

+ 1 account (2 total)
+ 10 domains (20 total)
+ Pro Pack features ?
+
Monthly billing instead of annual billing

The original Personal license remains a popular low-cost option. However, we've have many requests for Pro Pack functionality and an additional account -- without the price jump to a Lite license. The creation of this product is based on the feedback we've received on the original Personal license.

This license also qualifies for our automatic bulk-pricing discounts.

Very nice.
However, if I remember correctly at first, it was said that the personal license had only forum support.
I'm missing this now on the describtion of the personal licenses. Does this mean they have ticket support now too?

If not, it might be wise to put that line back on the personal licenses info, to keep things more clear (and less complaints).

We added "installation technical support" to both Personal and Personal PLUS -- meaning you are eligible for ticket support if setup.sh fails on you.

The community-based (forum support) is still mentioned but it's in the fine print now. You'll notice the little number 6 next to the "installation technical support" -- to clarify that all other support is still community-based.

Why don't remove account limit and just keep domain limit?
I'm prefer to keep each domain in separate account,
For all the main DA server Admin account why in this plus license you have to put if you need the total 20 domain 10 from them on the main DA server Admin account?

I never have, and want domains on main Server DA Admin accounts!

Edit i think i did understand the Topic wrong ( +10 and total 20 sorry) , but anyway i alway's put domains in "Groups" under separate accounts to be more on the safe side but also some performance things.

Why don't remove account limit and just keep domain limit?
I don't think that is how personal licenses are intended. Then it wouldn't be a personal license anymore, it would just be a limited hosting license, so more a commercial license then personal.
I wouldn't mind if account limit would be removed but a hobby site or small business don't need a lot of accounts.
And now with the pro pack license that would also give kind of an unfair benefit to small company's.

is still mentioned but it's in the fine print now.
Well I had a hard time seeing that in the dark background after you told me, let alone somebody who isn't aware and who's excited about these prices.
I don't think it's wise as former it was more clear. At least change the background then so those little numbers are more visible.

That's a good option imo, however, it isn't clear to me if the domains have to be shared equally or can be 20 on one account.
Additionally, it'd be nice to add an option to enable pro pack for internal/dc licenses without having to buy a full additional retail license.

No rules on how the domains are allocated. The admin account can have them all, or the 2nd account, or split them between the two.

That's a good option imo, however, it isn't clear to me if the domains have to be shared equally or can be 20 on one account.
Additionally, it'd be nice to add an option to enable pro pack for internal/dc licenses without having to buy a full additional retail license.
+1 on the pro pack on internal licences

Really Like this. Just bought one to play with.

I know I’m going to get slated here, but if ‘internal licenses’ want the pro pack then just upgrade to the retail license.

Who’s to say a ‘pro pack’ addon would work out any cheaper than getting a retail license with it already on?

I am really excited for this new license. This is exactly the features that I've wanted, and at a great price. Thank you!

Jayjayuk said:
Who’s to say a ‘pro pack’ addon would work out any cheaper than getting a retail license with it already on?

Most would opt for Cloudlinux + Softaculous which provides close to the same functionality.

The pro-pack is currently sold for $199 per year, which is cheaper than a retail license and about the same price as Cloudlinux.

A lost opportunity for DA IMHO.

Its mostly internal lifetime licences that need a way, i mean €10/mont for just the pro pack features, minus the support would realy be a good opportunity for DA.

I have a lifetime licence trough my provider. I'm a student, but i share the box with a few friends(so a personal licence would not suffice). A full licence is too expencive, but another €10 or so could work. There are more DA users than hosters alone.

Very happy with this new pricing. We can finally offer Directadmin to our clients :)

I like the new flexibility beside that for me it adds not much of benefits: I mainly miss the technical support. In most cases I don't need technical support for getting something to work I don't understand my own. In the very most of my cases it's about bugs in this software and the forum not working as a fix for/alternative to it. So basically I pay more to improve DA for things their Quality Assurance should find. For now I just accepted this situation as given but it's a bit unlucky. Gladly the support works fine in the most cases and my issues get indeed solved so paying for it has at least a positive effect.

is there a way to switch from personal to personal plus ? - have personal active till september ..

Back