New server setup

i am going to install Litesped enterprise version do i still need nginx proxy
no
can use something better ?
no
i have bought this 1 XD
any other suggestion please ?
at the moment there are no better offers than hetzner has. few weeks ago i did a full check, contabo, ionos, keyweb, netcup, scaleway, stratos, ovh, aws, leaseweb, redswitches, and so on .. nothing compares .. badly .. remains https://www.serverhunter.com/ to look for .. correct me please, if i am wrong.

why not if we wanted to have better speed we should use litespeed instead of Apache isn't ?

I agreed about pricing on hetzner and I have bought, I will shift 2 server customers from contabo to this server both server have almost 600+ customers and 1000+ website, so I need better performance i am thinking to setup in this way

1. Cloudlinux
2. DA
3. litespeed
4. CSF (should i disable hetzner firewall? since i am planning to use csf )
5. Raid 0 to use all space (i will use another server for backup customer accounts or will link storage box)
6. i am confuse about Cache, please suggest me

I would like to hear from you guys
@johannes @Zhenyapan @Nando

Thanks for your time and effort

Raid 0 = no data!
you can use it for swap/tmp/backup-tmp - but not for production. I'm working in data center from 2009, I know what I mean.
You can use for data Raid 1,10,5, ZFS/MD variations of same levels.
You understand that in case of crash you must restore all data, and 6tb data on NVME and ryzen will be restored in 2-3 days.
4 - you can use hetzner too but with upper limits, to prevent server overload, but we working without it and all ok.
6 - I don't use Litespeed so maybe someone else will advice you.

Raid 1,10,5
what I was understanding Raid 1 mean I have 3.5 TB 2 drives, so 1 drive will be used for production and other is for mirroring it's mean i will have only 3.5 TB
you are in datacenter, so you can advise me well I appreciate your time and valuable feedback

if I use full both drives (I cannot buy more for now) 7 TB for my customers and linked storage box it's mean my customers are safe and server configuration with snapshot, so I don't need to mirror my hard drive if its get failed which is 99.9% secured its rare chances to get hard drive fail but still all user data is safe on storage box and server configuration also save with DA system backup on storage box and rest of thing if we need we have snapshot, if this logic is not correct, kindly advise me
1. what raid I should use
2. can I add more drives later and update raid without losing data and a lot of effort
3. hetzner said I cannot install CL on this server, but I can request them KVM and maximum time will be 3 hours and I have to give them ISO link then they will burn on USB and connect with and I have to install myself
4. can you provide a link tutorial or write step for me how I will install it via USB it will be my 1st time to install CL in this way
and I am new on hetzner really different panel from other providers even for reboot there are 4 options all for powered no one is label for reboot
kindly comments on all 4 points

thank You

1. yes, you will have only 3,5 mirrored data, any read-operations from both drives - write to one(and synced to other).
I don't understand how you want to make whole hardware server snapshot - can you explain? I know you can make VPS snapshot, but hardware dedicated server?
We using raid1(software mdraid as hetzner provided by default).
2. you can always extend software raid with small downtime to add new disks to server, so it will become from raid1 to raid 10 when you add here 2 additional identical disks, or you can add 3 disks and make them as separate raid 5 and mount as additional /home2, or if you agree with possible data restoring you can add additional 4 or 8tb single disk as /home2 (cheaper variant) - I described earlier configurator how many which disks you can add.
3/4 you can install almalinux 8.7 with hetzner installer, then install DA, than with cldeploy script convert it to cloudlinux. Or install Cloudlinux directly from USB via IP-KVM, it takes less then 10 minutes if you have expirience to install centos earlier manually.

dedicated server
I mean DA system backup etc. these kinds of tools can save my setting and I have to. reinstall CL and then restore everything, that's what I was trying to say, anyway 3.5 TB is good for now if I need more I will have to add 2 more drive or else I can have storage box
1. so when I will have 1 more drive, and make /home2, I will set raid 5 ? and I don't need to install everything again? if I will not install everything again, how I will convert raid 1 to raid 5 ? (actually I am new to raid) and what will be with this drive data ? it will be unsafe because drive1 will mirror to drive 2, and they are safe, but new drive data will not be mirror anywhere, so I have to link with storage box, or I will buy 2 more drive and set as raid 10, so 2 drive will be in use and 2 for mirror
2. if I need more CPU core or RAM, can I upgrade it ? without downtime or little downtime with additional cost
3. what if I make some VPS on the server, that will give me opportunity to sell VPS as well on my hosting website and that will be real benefit of having dedicated server it's an idea, if it's good idea what I need to make multiple VPS and in this server how much i can create vCore give me an example physical 1 core = how many virtual cores i can host my own websites as well on a good VPS and reset of vps i can sell if i need more space or core i can assign to my VPS as much as i want

1. No, you now will have raid1 with 2 default nvmes in raid1. Then you can:
add 1 separate ssd as /home2
add 2 separate ssd and make raid 1 with them as /home2
add 2 separate ssd and make raid 10 with current raid to extend /home or whole root partition if you don't make separate /home partition
add 3 separate ssd and make raid 5 with them as /home2
2. No, it's dedicated server based on desktop components and already filled up with max 128 gb RAM.
3. Yes, you can install proxmox and then create VMs on it for own hosting server and for selling VPSs to clients. But you need additional IPs for each VM. Which oversell ration you want to provide - it's your decision. Depends on real user consumption, if they will load CPU in their VPS up to 100% - you can't oversell it without productivity impact. If their average load half - you can oversell twice till performance drop etc.. If you want to use it for 5000 hosting accounts (maybe it fit 2000 or 3000) you will not have resources to sell VPS.

nstall proxmox and then create VMs
thanks, I will check it
additional IPs
Yes, I understand, will buy whenever I receive new order or else I have to buy VPS from hetzner/contabo and sell to customer
let's example contabo and hetzner if they have such dedicated how much VPS they will create approximately just an idea it will let me understand about physical core vs virtual core as well
maybe it fit 2000 or 3000
Yes possible will see how much maximum I can
you will not have resources to sell VPS
Yes I understand but when I start selling VPS I will buy another server to host more clients this server will have minimum clients like 500 or more that keep load under control

Physical/virtual depends on your settings - you can limit core productivity or not, you can oversell or not, you can keep server not fully loaded or overloaded etc. there are many aspects. More cores you have - more oversell you can do without productivity impact because posibility when all clients need all their vps power in same time comes low, really not comes but you have more free resources comparing to 1-2 clients who maybe want to take all their power in same moment.
You can start with multiplier x2. So if you have 16 cores with 32 threads - you can sell it as 60 virtual cores but no more than 6 cores per 1 vps to prevent load pikes. Also you limited by RAM - it's better not to oversell it because it keeps caches to make cpu/ssd load less, and it's optimal config 1 core 2g ram. Plus 8 ram to hypervisor. Same with disks - you must keep at least 10% free space or more to make snapshots. So with 3.5 tb you can sell 3tb, per 60cores it 50gb/core/2g ram. And just multiply it if you don't oversell disk - all depends on your oversell politics.
If you want - you can provide service without oversell with guarantied resources.
Only you decide which QOS to provide and how it will cost.

so i will keep this server for Shared hosting customers only and will buy new and more strong server for vps

1. which DC or company are you working, btw ?
2. what cache for DB and page cache do you recommend having maximum performances web hosting
3. what do you suggest for backup and restore mean migration from old server to new server customers

if you want to be VPS provider, please do atleast raid5 or raid6 for SSD, raid10 for HDD.
if you run on raid1, result will be slowest server, and data not secure.

to make backup of your all VPS to other server you must keep storage atleast by maximum disk to offer per customer + 10gb

Example: you have Plan 6 ( Biggest plan ) 500GB disk storage, so you need to keep your host disk space around 510GB. because it need temporary disk space to make snapshot before moving to your backup server.

you can buy same server for VPS, also when you will buy new server - choose another location to decrease risks of troubles in DC.
1. I don't use another DCs yet because have own. But you can check:
2. cache configurable according to individual situation
3. for accounts less then 30gb you can use DA-admin backup

because have own
oh, you have your own DC give me link I will check for sure

for migration, I will copy DA admin backup and restore to new server
how I can restore all users at once ? for user websites ?

As for performance related others can answer that better like Zhenyapan. They are more experienced on that part.

Back