New server vs glue records

inomi13

Verified User
On new server I have installed DirectAdmin 1.665 and automatically hostname changed to default name with contains name directadmin. The same situation were with names server. After that in my provider I created in DNS zone rekord A with reidirect to this server. Finally I have changed in DirectAdmin hostname and I created new names server rekords with contains currently hostname. Should I have to do more else ? For example in my domain provider add records glue?

you need to create all possible required records at your domain registrar.

if you not using as your website, just create required records.

Important record:
-subdomain for server hostname
-NS1, NS2

if you not create ns1 and ns2, you can't use as nameserver for other domains propagation.

So first I have to register glue records in my domain provider then these records I have to set in Admin Settings -> Server Settings - > NS1 and NS2. That all ?

screen1.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-07-27 at 17-59-03 s1.aldstudio.pl Admin Settings.png
    Screenshot 2024-07-27 at 17-59-03 s1.aldstudio.pl Admin Settings.png
    38.3 KB · Views: 25
Yes I know but I mean that I have to set only ns1 and ns2 records in Admin Settings -> Server Settings or one more else places ?

one more else places ?
Yes, if you run your own nameservers under DA, you have to check that in the domain name used, you have both A and NS records.

So if you run ns1.example.com and ns2.example.com then in the domain example.com you need to have to A and NS records for both, if you want them to work, also for newly created domains under the same admin/reseller.

If you use ns1.hostname.example.com and ns2.hostname.example.com then they should reside there, but I would not advise to use hostname ns records.

Back