Nginx better than Litespeed ? - Nginx help needed.

MASE

Verified User
Hello,
I've been using litespeed for many years, but I've searched for a while now and many people said that properly configured Nginx can do the same performance if not better.

However, I have 0 experience with Nginx, Only been using Nginx Proxy Manager using docker container for managing other docker containers, but as a web server I have no clue how to configure it or do anything in it honestly.

So, my questions is:
1: Should I invest some time to learn Nginx and tweak the server and save up the money, or stay with Litespeed or Openlitespeed?
2: Which is better, nginx and nginx_apache?
3: Is Varnish still viable or not?

Can someone provide me with a tutorial or some kind of place to find more information about nginx, so I can start learning?

Disclaimer:
I'm not an expert system admin, I only went that route to save some money and have a better performance and freedom for my websites. And I'm learning and searching things on my own.

Sorry if my questions seems to lack research, but I've searched but couldn't fully understand these questions.
Thanks

Last edited:
nginx_apache = openlitespeed .

for special reason, nginx_apache support friendly ".htaccess". while openlitespeed doesn't fully support, except litespeed have full support.

if you know how to tuning the server. it still good to go with nginx, because litespeed only have expensive feature that help owner speed up their site.

nginx_apache = openlitespeed .

for special reason, nginx_apache support friendly ".htaccess". while openlitespeed doesn't fully support, except litespeed have full support.

if you know how to tuning the server. it still good to go with nginx, because litespeed only have expensive feature that help owner speed up their site.

Thanks for the reply, so nginx_apache = openlitespeed does that make it bad or good option ? :D

Just install Apache with Reverse-Proxy Nginx , best of both worlds and easy to install:
Code:
cd /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild
./build update
./build update_da
./build set webserver nginx_apache
./build nginx_apache
./build rewrite_confs

@MASE
It's basic webserver and speed enought. Your customer need to make their own caching system.

@MASE
It's basic webserver and speed enought. Your customer need to make their own caching system.
Just install Apache with Reverse-Proxy Nginx , best of both worlds and easy to install:
Code:
cd /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild
./build update
./build update_da
./build set webserver nginx_apache
./build nginx_apache
./build rewrite_confs

Thanks guys,
Should I use php-fpm or fastcgi ??

fastcgi gave me a huge memory usage and crashed the server, so I'll have to tweak it from what I found online.

But in general, which one should I stick with ?

Thanks

FPM is good enought. if customer over usage resource, it will stop new client until old client finish the request.

Back