Nutsmail

pluk

Verified User
I've installed NUSTMAIL but the compse don't work. Strange, squirrelmail works. Everytime I click on COMPOSE, it pop,s a browser windows saying to either save or to open the compose.php.

Anyone got that problem?

This looks loike a problem for Nutsmail's forum, not DirectAdmin's. You will probably get a better response and help if you ask the question in theirs.

I tried to ask. All they say is that the file could be corupted. reuplaoded and same. I think they are requsted me to give them some bucks to install :)

You sure your webserver is supporting php type files? I am using the nutsmail 4.8 version just fine. If its just a problem with one php file your gonna have to contact their support and ask them why it might be doing that. If they are not willing to support their product then they shouldnt be selling it :)

It's running php alright. Hmmm... what version of PHP do you have on your DA?

pluk said:
It's running php alright. Hmmm... what version of PHP do you have on your DA?

[root@cobra:~] php -v
PHP 4.4.4 (cli) (built: Oct 20 2006 23:15:27)
Copyright (c) 1997-2006 The PHP Group
Zend Engine v1.3.0, Copyright (c) 1998-2004 Zend Technologies
with Zend Extension Manager v1.0.10, Copyright (c) 2003-2006, by Zend Technologies
with Zend Optimizer v3.0.1, Copyright (c) 1998-2006, by Zend Technologies

PHP 4.4.2 (cli) (built: Jan 26 2006 13:52:30)
Copyright (c) 1997-2006 The PHP Group
Zend Engine v1.3.0, Copyright (c) 1998-2004 Zend Technologies

Nutsmail says that it take the squirrelmail requirements...

* UNIX/Linux or Windows (UNIX/Linux version may be more functional)
* An IMAP server which supports IMAP 4 rev 1.
* Web server with PHP installed (for example Apache httpd)
* You need at least PHP 4.1.2. If you are using PHP 4.1.2 or 4.1.4, please upgrade to the latest version ( >= 4.1.2.11, >= 4.1.4.1 final).
* Perl installed on the system. (If you don't have Perl, SquirrelMail will work fine but it's very helpful for the initial configuration. Alternatively, you can manually edit the configuration files.)
* Unlike many PHP applications, SquirrelMail does not require MySQL or other database type.
* If you use MySQL for the address book or for preferences, note that Pear DB library is required to be installed and available in the include path.
* Aspell or ispell installed if using the SquirrelSpell plugin, For UNIX/Linux see: http://aspell.sourceforge.net/ or for Windows, see: http://aspell.net/win32/
* Japanese language support: PHP must be compiled with the --enable-mbstring option for SquirrelMail to read and write Japanese emails. Each user must also set their language option to Japanese.
* PHP mbstring extension is required for translations that use multibyte or not ISO-8859-1 character sets. Without mbstring extension interface will remain usable, but some i18n features and fixes won't be enabled.
* PHP XML extension is required, if digest-md5 authentication is used.

Last edited:
Strange. when the popup comes up, I tried to save the compse.PHP file and it gives 0 kb download. It seems that is is not running"executing the script. I've compared the right of squirrelmail versus nutsmail. they don't seems to be the same.

Any help? especially the src directory rights.

Might as well but not too sure it is the case. Somehow something on server is not executing the files. Rights???

Perhaps. Compare the rights and ownerships on both the nutsmail and the squirrelmail directories.

I'd definitely try reinstalling PHP.

Jeff

Yeah, I'm upgrading PHP in few hours to 4.4.4. This shouldn't crash any running apps. I got 4.4.2. Will let you know the result.

On nutsmail listgroup, they said when returning 0 bytes file from PHP file, this means something wrong on PHP interpreter.

Is this company dead? I recently ordered thier product and they have not answered any of my support requests. 8 in total.

The web page seems to work. When I<ve ordered it last time, I got the download link and everything worked out fine with contacting them.

I got the latest download working. What problem are you having.

I have not started yet. Before I buy it I want to make sure it's going to work.

rldev, did you get it to work properly with main (server-user-based) email addresses so it'll show the right return address by default?

Jeff

Back