Openlitespeed refuses to stay disabled

Qelami

DirectAdmin refused to let me disable Openlitespeed.

I have successfully entered:
sudo systemctl stop litespeed
sudo systemctl disable litespeed
sudo systemctl status litespeed
it showed as disabled. BUT it came back online within 15 seconds. It prevented me from installing the software on DirectAdmin.

BTW, I am trying to install Caprover on DirectAdmin. Anyone has a great success with it?

Check this file on your server:
Code:
/usr/local/directadmin/data/admin/services.status
Either modify directly and change to OFF, or stop the service via GUI in service manager. This should do what you've intended.

Did you changed it to a different webserver in your custombuild settings?

Code:
#choose apache or nginx or litespeed enterprise this example is going for apache

da build set webserver apache
da build set php1_mode php-fpm
da build set php2_mode php-fpm         -> optional
da build set php3_mode php-fpm         -> optional
da build set php4_mode php-fpm         -> optinal
da build apache
da build php
da build rewrite_confs

it showed as disabled. BUT it came back online within 15 seconds. It prevented me from installing the software on DirectAdmin.
I've seen this happen this week on another VPS. Openlitespeed got uninstalled, but started again after reboot.

Try these commands:
Code:
da build list_removals
da build remove_items
if all is well, openlitespeed is listed and will be removed correctly by the second command.

I discovered that there is an option in DirectAdmin Control Panel under the admin account and I believe this is more effective.

If you refer to the custombuild plugin, that is not more effective, it's the same as commandline.

Otherwise, which option do you mean and what do you think it would be more effective with?

Back