OS update

arazit

Verified User
Hello,
I want the OS to be updated before then run custombuild update cronjob.

Hello,

What do you mean by OS update? Do you mean that Directadmin should update Debian 8 to Debian 9? CentOS 6 to to CentOS 7?

The other well-known control panels use rpm/deb packages for installing software, Directadmin installs software from sources. Any reason Directadmin should become them?

Hello,

What do you mean by OS update? Do you mean that Directadmin should update Debian 8 to Debian 9? CentOS 6 to to CentOS 7?

The other well-known control panels use rpm/deb packages for installing software, Directadmin installs software from sources. Any reason Directadmin should become them?

Hello,
For example I want run "yum update ( or apt-get update) and update centos (or debian) when I want update directadmin or when I want update pakages with custombuild cronjob script.

Hello,
Cpanel servers have this by default.
I want auto update OS add default in directadmin servers for more security and stability.
Thank you
Today i find the DirectAdmin dont do this, i came from Cpanel and i never have problem with auto update linux OS, and wen a new kernel is released the cpanel inform you with a message saying to yum update.

My OS is CentOS 7. :(

Yes, Directadmin and Plesk do not do system OS updates. You have to do yum update on Centos.
Shouldn't be a problem to do this if you want to update your OS.

Take care for real version updates license is on version i guess. ( centos 6 7 or 8 for examp-le)

And not all Hosting Virtual hosting is every OS kernel update working in the passt lot of BUGGY things then not starting VPS at all, so that is then not DA related therefore they can't support such things i guess it is a good thing to have those seperated from the CP.

So you do updates knowing what you do and not only click click while with Kernel and OS and some more this is not so wise. ;)

Back