Package Installer For WordPress

DigitalDev

Verified User
As im working on WPDA it hit me that i can also use the API to essentially install many applications to make our own Wordpress Package Manager.

Connect the server to a wordpress plugin, choose a domain and choose a package and hit install..

We can use it for free things like OpenCart, Magento, myPhpBB any script really we just need to copy the sourceball over to the choosen destination and setup the database and config files then we have an auto installer for any application ......

Does DA have any plans on introducing something the same basically a step up from wordpress installer but choose any kind of package availalbe to the installer script??

Wow, a WP package installer, where one can prepare a set or multiple sets of plugins and themes, either from the wp repository, or own uploaded, would be a killer feature!
There is a similar function in Softaculous Scriptinstaller, but this is limited to only one package and only at install time. So having multiple packes and be able to install them either at install or at later time, would be really great.
The ProPack doesnt have this function yet, and I doubt something like this will be integrated later, because its too out from DA scope, but I really dont know, maybe @smtalk can tell what the future brings.
Being able to install other CMS than WP sure is nice, but there are already several old grown scriptinstaller on the market, as Installatron or Softaculous, which are quite cheap and i think most of us have already one of them if they need it. But thats my private opinion.

Back