Php 8.2 installed but not visible in the file editor section

bcx

Verified User
Hi all,

I installed php 8.2 via CustomBuild, set it to a domain that is running wordpress. This setup also sees php 8.2 in the dashboard so all good.
Only i can't find the 82 php.ini file in directadmin under the 'admin -> file editor' section to adjust the memory, where i normally go for this.

Has any one noticed the same issue or how that i could resolve it? Thank you in advance.

There is a file named 'edit_files.txt'. In that txt file is a list of files that you can edit in the dashboard. Probably the php.ini file for php 8.2 is missing in the list.
I always use a custom file because I want to be able to edit certain files directly in DirectAdmin.
To prevent the file from being overwritten, I copy the original file and place it in a folder that won't be overwritten. You can then make adjustments to the copied file.
Code:
mkdir -p /usr/local/directadmin/data/templates/custom
cd /usr/local/directadmin/data/templates/custom
cp ../edit_files.txt .

Then, in your favorite editor, add this line:
/usr/local/php82/lib/php.ini=user=root&group=root&permission=644&hide_if_not_exist=yes&secure=yes

Save the file and you are done. You can edit php.ini for php 8.2 now.

Config files for PHP 8.2 and 8.3 will be visible in default configs list in the next DA release. Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Back