PHP Not executed

Ch3vr0n

Verified User
I have this weird issue on one of my VPSs. One of the sites on it runs on joomla (which requires php). When accessing the url i'm greeted with

"setStart($startTime, $startMem)->mark('afterLoad') : null; // Instantiate the application. $app = JFactory::getApplication('site'); // Execute the application. $app->execute();"

which tells me something is wrong with php.

Under "Service monitor" php 7.2 is not running (no big deal since it's outdated anyway) but php-fpm73 IS running. It's just not being executed. I have no idea how long this has been going on as i've only now gotten the notification.

Tried rebooting the VPS, no effect
tried building php 7.2.28, (which turned the service active again), no effect

Ideally (since 7.2 is outdated), i'd like 7.3 as default, active AND running (executed). I find it weird that the service is running, but it's executing php code itself.

Update: after long trial and error. I at least managed to get php back up, but not entirely in the way i want it.

Server is running custombuild plugin 2.0.0.0b 2434
Service monitor sais php-fpm56 (as installing that was one of the things i did testing) and php-fpm72 are active and running

However if i go to custombuild 2.0 plugin > edit options

php1_release is set to 7.3 (which is not listed as a service) above)
php1_mode is set to php-fpm

php2_release is set to 7.2 (listed above)
php2_mode is set to php-fpm

php 3 & 4 are set to no

under the problematic domain php 7.2 and 7.3 are listed. If i select 7.3, which isn't listed as a service, site goes *poof*, select 7.2 and it's back up.

So the question is, why is 7.3 listed under domain setup and cb options but not as a service?

I'd like to get things running like this:

only 1 php installed, running and managed by the cb 2.0.0 plugin
php mode php-fpm

php7.2 and 5.6 uninstalled entirely and service not running

try to reinstall all PHP versions, check for (short_open_tag) in php.ini

Back