Php selection in Demo

sunsunshining

I am considering migration from Cpanel.
I tried the demo but I cannot see how one changes php version for a domain, is this functionality disabled?

Also, I see you mention support for older php versions:

This release adds a series of patches for older PHP versions to make them compatible with modern systems. This change allows using any PHP version (from 5.6 to 8.2) on Debian 12 and RHEL 9 systems.

Does that mean one can have Almalinux 9 and run sites in php 7.2 for example? Because I see here that minimum for Almalinux 9 is php 8.

The demo website runs in read-only mode. Any operation that would change configuration is forbidden (including the PHP version change operation).

Using DirectAdmin any supported PHP version (from PHP 5.6 to PHP 8.3) can run on any supported Linux distribution. At the time of writing DA supports Debian 11-13, Ubuntu 20-24, RHEL/CentOS/AlmaLinux/RockyLinux 8-9.

We do not provide 3rd party security patches for old PHP versions, all PHP versions are built from the official PHP source releases.

Thanks! Another question, is there a way to maintain users when migrating from Cpanel? I guess they will all be owned by root, but it should not be that hard to add a process in the migration step to chown respective accounts.

Thanks! Another question, is there a way to maintain users when migrating from Cpanel? I guess they will all be owned by root, but it should not be that hard to add a process in the migration step to chown respective accounts.
See "cPanel to DA transfer ALL accounts" section at https://docs.directadmin.com/directadmin/backup-restore-migration/migration-to-da.html. You should be able to get the cPanel accounts into DirectAdmin the same way you'd do with normal DA backup files.

Back